Topic: MSR Houston October 24-25 rumor?

A little birdie said something to me about running the full course at MSR in Houston this October with a few more teams on the grid then last time. Maybe, maybe not???

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

Re: MSR Houston October 24-25 rumor?

That would rock.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

3 (edited by sergio 2009-08-05 09:45 AM)

Yeah the 1.3 mile course is a little too congested with 90+ cars. Makes for too many cautions and not enough green flag racing.

Funny that this comes up today, I was thinking about it yesterday morning while working on getting our application done for the Houston race. It would be super fantastic to run the full course, but what are the chances we would/could do it without tire chicanes on the backstraights? Please please pretty please.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Full course and no chicanes would be awesome!! Team Underground is making the trip out from San Diego so we'll see ya guys there no matter what course it is.

It's a definite possibility pending an agreement with the racetrack and a few trial laps to make sure it's still safe. You Texas boys have come out in force every time, so we'd love to make room for more of you.

You wanna give us any ideas about how many car to expect?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Sons of STIG will be there... I doubt our creation will be running then. But we'll be there...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I hope this comes true.......... this would be awesome.

Troy wrote:

You wanna give us any ideas about how many car to expect?

400 to 440 cars

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

400 to 440 cars

Sweet, a bunch of B and RB engines are showing up!

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Got a quick question about the pit area. Are we able to use the track facilities or should we plan on using our trailer for shelter from the heat and cold?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

MSR has some shade canopies but you better plan on bring your own stuff.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Any word on if this is actually going to happen or not? We need to reserve some time in the wind tunnel and get our rear end gearing sorted out....

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

jw33 wrote:

Any word on if this is actually going to happen or not? We need to reserve some time in the wind tunnel and get our rear end gearing sorted out....

Oh rearry? big_smile

Sons of STIG