Topic: Capitol Offense - Summit Point

Sent in our entry for the capitol offense race at Summit Point in June.  Does anyone know which track we'll be running on?  Is it the full Summit Point track - or one of the smaller tracks on site (jefferson, etc)?

thx

Spongebob BMW 5 series

Team Motto:  "What could possibly go wrong?"

Re: Capitol Offense - Summit Point

Shenandoah Circuit with almost every chicane.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

An excellent track for our fine steeds!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

The entry deadline is this Saturday at midnight which is a problem.

It's right in the middle of the New Jersey race. I don't want to submit an entry unless we're hauling back a reasonably intact car.

twostrokev8 wrote:

It's right in the middle of the New Jersey race. I don't want to submit an entry unless we're hauling back a reasonably intact car.

Us too, but we just submitted our entry and can widthdraw later I guess.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

In the new system, do all of the drivers have to have their licenses to show your application as complete?  Can't figure out why ours still shows not completed.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

bigds01 wrote:

In the new system, do all of the drivers have to have their licenses to show your application as complete?

That was what we found.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

CowDriver wrote:
bigds01 wrote:

In the new system, do all of the drivers have to have their licenses to show your application as complete?

That was what we found.

We were accepted before I bought my license. Indeed, I think we were accepted before we had a full roster. I don't recall what the status said, however.

SCCA and other sanction licenses are no longer accepted due to excessive whining on the part of your fellow license holders. Usually something about "BUT I DIDN'T BRING IT WITH ME, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!?" You MUST purchase a Lemons license to race.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

RobL wrote:
twostrokev8 wrote:

Us too, but we just submitted our entry and can widthdraw later I guess.

What ? You will have 9 WEEKS to put a car together.

It Ain't My Fault

10 (edited by 177mph 2011-04-09 06:15 AM)

Ok - so the deadline was yesterday - and my team status says pending.  Two of the six of us have purchased the licenses.  Do the other 4 need to buy them before were approved?  Anything Im missing here?  thx

Spongebob BMW 5 series

Pending means 'keep your pants on and wait for further instructions'. You'll get an accept/deny notice via email in a few days.

Team FinalGear

Our race status now shows "Accepted".

That's good, right?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Yes, that's good for your racing schedule. Bad for your wallet.

Team FinalGear

EyeMWing wrote:

Don't forget your sanity and health, especially if Summit is as hot as it was last year.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

PunisherBass wrote:
EyeMWing wrote:

Don't forget your sanity and health, especially if Summit is as hot as it was last year.

yeah no kidding. Make sure your cool shirt setup works!

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Holy f*ck it was hot last year.

Team Pimpalicous
87 325 Convertible

^ What he said ^

times elventeen jillion.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Summit is the kind of event that make people invest in cool suits... that, and heatstroke.  Already researching the DIY threads on this forum and looking for my glue gun.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

DC Doug wrote:

Summit is the kind of event that make people invest in cool suits... that, and heatstroke.  Already researching the DIY threads on this forum and looking for my glue gun.

Glue gun? Bah! Just slather it in silicone sealant.

Team FinalGear

Would should have a permanent sticky in the bench forum on building your own cool shirt/cooler

Team Pimpalicous
87 325 Convertible

Ok - so we've been accepted.  Now Ive got to pay the bill.  Whats the timeline on that?  The reason Im asking is that we dont have all the info on the car and the crew members.  Do I need to have that all before I send in my check - or can we make adjustments later?

thanks.

Spongebob BMW 5 series

EyeMWing wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

Didn't you say you saw a guy at Summit in the bathroom with just tubes wrapped around his body with duct tape?

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

At Summit last year, we didn't have our homemade coolshirts done yet, and we started referring to the Wartburg as "the convection oven".  We got the coolshirt system working on Sunday, and the moment you turned the switch, the wave of coolness was just the greatest feeling I've ever had in a race car.  It was totally and completely worth the time we put into it.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

PunisherBass wrote:
EyeMWing wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

Didn't you say you saw a guy at Summit in the bathroom with just tubes wrapped around his body with duct tape?

yeah I saw that guy. Hilarious.

I also know the guy who built the "cool seat". do a search. He sait it really worked well.

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

Ok - so we've been accepted.  Now Ive got to pay the bill.  Whats the timeline on that?  The reason Im asking is that we dont have all the info on the car and the crew members.  Do I need to have that all before I send in my check - or can we make adjustments later?

thanks.

Spongebob BMW 5 series