Topic: A sad day on 680 (death of a judgemobile)

So on Thursday 4-7-11, the 27 model T Dave built died... I (Fish) was driving to work and had an inattentive commuter bump me on the right side. Not good on an open wheel car... From there it was a series of spinning and 2 hits (one head-on). The car is not repairable, but luckily, I am.  A few broken bones, a broken nose, and a few bruises...
Sad day for Hot Rods everywhere...

Smokey Yunick, Jim Hall, Chad Knaus, and Me...

Re: A sad day on 680 (death of a judgemobile)

Cars can be replaced, drivers can't.  Definitely a shame about the car, but better that it be totaled out than if you were.

Pucker Factor Racing - Gator-O-Rama, Feb '11, Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas!, Oct '11
Scuderia Ignorante - Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas, Feb '12 (As seen in Car & Driver), Gator-O-Rama, Sept '13

Glad your alright Fish, shame about the T.

"The most dangerous thing you'll ever do is drive to work, so get the hell out of the plane!" - My 1st skidiving instructor.

Clueless Leader: S&M Racing:   Building, The Lemonator for Infineon Oct '11, '74 Alfa Romeo Spyder (at some point).   
Driver: Evil Genius Volvo Pointless '11.    Team-ing with Bad Ideas Turbo Beetle Goin for Broken "11

Lemon\ n 1: an acidic yellow usually oblong citrus fruit. 2: something (like an automobile) unsatisfactory or defective

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heal up. we can always find another T, we cant find another Fish

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Very glad to hear you are on the mend.  Too bad about the car, but to echo everyone else, cars can be replaced.  Hope you get better soon.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Glad to hear you survived.  Sorry to hear about the broken bones.  Best of luck and I look forward to seeing what you dream up next.

Team Captain (against my better judgement)
The Old and the Wreckless
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
Ben-jammin Franklin

All of us here at Stick Figure are glad to hear that you will (after much soreness etc.) be ok. Total bummer about the car, but as everyone's said, cars are replaceable. Good luck with the healing process.

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

Damn it.  What is your residuale value now?  Take pics of the car and post please and of course we are glad you are ok, kind of.

Justice...with a smile.

The 680 can be a real #@%$& glad you are ok.

the caddy powered hot rod from 2010 Arsesweat? damn.  that thing was sweet.  glad to hear you are ok though.  I hope it took out a couple of priuseseses in the process.

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, but relieved to hear that you seem to have come out of it without too much injury.  It is a sad day. 

Get well soon, Fish.  I know we'll see you back out at the track with another monster creation before long.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Wow. I saw this post just now. Sorry to hear about the accident.

I hope you are able to get some rest and feel better soon.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

F F F F F 

Glad you are OK.

F F F

b

This space for rent.

Damn. Heal quick Fish.
680 is not the happiest freeway in the Bay Area. Helicopters ~might~ be safer.

- Maybe you can revive what's not going to be left of the car for a 2nd Model-T race car?

to the other posters - I'm believing this was his 'daily' car (Another cool T'rod) - fish, this so?

It was my daily car, the Cad roadster. I would have faired much better in the T GT. The lack of a proper seat, or real body, etc, etc, probably contributed to my injuries. I guess that's the price I pay for living in the past.
It was one of those things, the guy that spun me just didn't look, and didn't even know he hit me. Open wheel car...

Smokey Yunick, Jim Hall, Chad Knaus, and Me...

Sorry to hear you got hurt.  Get well soon, friend.  Sad about the car, too, but mostly worried that you were injured in the process.

Glad you're on the mend.  This is precisely why Lemons rules now require 4 fenders.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Get well soon.  i hope to see you at Reno.  Possible?

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

The guys from The Old & The Wreckless wish you a speedy and complete recovery.  Sorry to hear that the car is gone.  We hope you are back at the track soon.

Regarding the crushing of old cars, FDWheelMan says:

This makes Baby Jesus cry...

Damn dude, glad you're (mostly) alright.

heal up and get back on another horse.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Oh Wow- glad to hear you are at least mostly OK.  Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Import Alloy Racing
The Little Red Poorvette