26 (edited by NSF 2011-05-02 05:53 PM)

Re: Judge Sam's thumb sliced off, reattached. Bribe booze helps recovery!

How will he ever hitch a ride when that scooter breaks down.  I am truly concerned.

I hope you find solace in a good bottle of Scotch.  It's in there, trust me.

b

This space for rent.

It's a workmen's comp claim. The pain he's gonna experience from that alone will be excruciating.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

I assume the quarter-turn throttle on the Shovelhead will still be operable with a funky thumb.

Judge Phil wrote:

I assume the quarter-turn throttle on the Shovelhead will still be operable with a funky thumb.

I dunno... he may have to go to a goldwing.

Daniel Sycks

dsycks wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

I dunno... he may have to go to a goldwing.

Yeah, I don't think so. If you ever see me on a Goldwing call the cops because I would surely have to be under the influence of mind-altering substances. They're nice enough bikes but certainly not my cup of tea.

"Hello. Can I have you step out of the car please?"

Judge Phil wrote:

I never pictured Sam as the Harley type.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Judge Sam wrote:

The real story is boring. I was cutting on the table saw, the piece I was cutting became bound up, jumped up and spun and SLAMMED my hand into the blade. I am truly blessed that my thumb was all that got bit.

That story isn't good enough, you need to come up with something better than that, like it happened when you were saving a baby from a rabid walrus, or something

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I vote for saying it's from the grizzly bear you thumb wrestled who's a very sore loser.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

From here on out when someone asks me what happened to my thumb I'm simply going to say:

"I lost the bet"

Judge Sam wrote:

From here on out when someone asks me what happened to my thumb I'm simply going to say:

"I lost the bet"

"You should see the other guy."

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Judge Sam wrote:

"I lost the bet"

You should have known better than to bet with this guy

http://www.mcqueenonline.com/Steve_and_Peter_Lorre_trading_card.jpg

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

So is the green thing on the end of his thumb like a thanksgiving turkey pop-up timer and tell you when the thing has healed properly?  All joking aside hope you have a full recovery and that you don't run out of bribes.

38 (edited by Judge Sam 2011-05-03 08:38 PM)

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes!!

Sam... I gotta ask...

Were the folks at the ER pissed when they had to wash off the JB Weld you tried to use to stick it back on? wink

Daniel Sycks

One of the guys I work with is a ski-patrol emt and had the foresight to loosely wrap it in paper towels next to an ice pack in a ziplock. The other guys wanted to put it directly on ice which apparently is not good.
    I just really wish one of the guys would have taken a cell phone pic of my hand before they wrapped it in gauze. It was breathtaking. Literally.

Salty ER types will often take pics for you on request. Lets hope you never get to use that knowledge in the future. wink

Daniel Sycks