Topic: Be on the look out

A genuine photo opportunity for If you any of you guys live between Cincinnati, Ohio and Maryland you should get a catch of our teams former racer up on a car hauler. on its way to a new home and maybe future races in a different form.

What to look for:
A 1998 white Ford Crown Vic number 42 on the sides still muddy from Nelson ledges (lamest day) rusty crusty and race battered to hell sitting on steelies.

Should be a funny site to see and picture worthy if you are into that sort of thing.

I think it be interesting to see if anyone here sees/captures a pic or 2 while in transit up north.

Anyways thought I'd share and see if there is any result to putting ya'll on alert...lol

-phil-

Re: Be on the look out

It would have been more fun if you said it was stolen and have us looking for it during transporation.

Wetland American Racing (WAR)  #77 Swamp Thang Granada
2011 Cain't get Bayou IOE and Class C winner
Shop Location: Bayou Self, La.

rhorad1 wrote:

It would have been more fun if you said it was stolen and have us looking for it during transporation.

evil idea that i did consider but for obvious or maybe not so obvious reasons i didn't

okay so there was a slight problem with the video i had originally uploaded but after i got out of work i found out it wasn't on youtubes end it was on mine. I forgot to compile a clip in with the rest of the vids so here is the official...

the farewell to the crown vic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMwyu1SKY1k

Phil & John,

I picked up the car on Tuesday and dropped it at Speedycops shop today. Got lots of interest from my neighbours and some strange looks when I picked it up in PA (at Manheim Auto Auction). Thankfully nobody reported it stolen. We are really excited about running it at Summit Point in June, planning a Crown Ductapetoria or Crown Royal Victoria theme.

thanks again,

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

6 (edited by hrlyTCH 2011-05-15 03:51 PM)

just to let you know Crown Royal theme already been done (more then once i believe). thanks for the update.

just FYI she doesn't run very happily after the kill switch is been off for little bit. as you may have already found that out. part of that is b/c of the resistance to the tail lights isn't correct per the chiltons we included (that and the computer resets) but once you get the car to run or just let it idle for a little while it all clears out and runs great.

but also have plenty of other tips and are well open to help and to make your Lemons experience a good one... also there is no tow hooks on the car.

-phil-

P.S. Full OBD II is in tact so if something comes up the engine light will come on so a hand held universal code reader be good to have at the track

Fritz,

I chopped the mangled exhaust (Pillagerz, your shipper mangled the passenger side exhaust) at the axle and took the car on a short test run.  It runs strong and is shifting well.  Speedy said he thought the suspension is stock, but it looks a bit low and feels a bit stiffer (maybe b/c it's a former cop car).  The anti-lock brakes aren't functioning, but the car stops hard... really, this boat slows down very well. 

We may have more than one solid weekend of wrenching to do on this, but it's a great Lemons for what you paid!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

8 (edited by hrlyTCH 2011-05-16 05:38 AM)

there is no ABS on that car part of the squat stance is the wheels being pushed out yes it is a stock suspension (police stock not public stock). The trans is a drain and fill system but we never changed the fluid in it we only did the rear end and the engine oil.

He wasn't our shipper my understanding fritz picked that plus I figured it had caught when he backed it on with all the weight inside the car. but it is good to know it's running strong. definitely coming around a corner and hits the kick down on the trans and slips sideways even with the wide meat on the back.

Yes, it was my shipper, Pillagerz have no responsibility. Has the Crown Royal theme been done with purple felt applied to the whole car? I've made it a contest, whichever them gets the most WW donations, we do!

Doug, glad to hear it runs well and stops better!

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

Just to give an idea... CMP we ran the entire weekend on the rear brake pads (they were full metal to metal after sunday) same went for the 10inch wide tires survived the entire weekend (though they were race slicks but sundays end). Though you cant put the 10inch wide on the front (probably could but we never dared)  Chris/Serj supplied wheels from a former daily driver of his for the fronts those were 8in wide (not included in the extra stuff).

Wagner sever duty pads all around replaced fronts after saturday. Never any brake problems we didnt even change the fluid. rear brakes can be done with a 10mm ratchet wrench and chanel grips/pliers. fronts are about as easy but I'm not sure of the socket size. take one bolt off flip up caliper and press piston in insert pads flip it back down put in the bolt and pump up the brakes and its good to go.

By the way the coolant change is fairly easy atleast the bleeding air out is. There is a bolt/bung on top of the motor near the altenator and a pep-cauk on the lower side of the driver side of the radiator. the bung makes it easy to rinse out the motor and bleed out air without having to run the motor. though to make sure we got it all we would run the car till the fan ran for a cycle (a/c off).
hope you guys like the power mirrors and the blinding tail lights, oh and the headlamps if you need to use them (took close to 4hrours to buff them to like new minus the tape on the lense...LOL)

-phil-

P.s. I don't doubt you already know a lot of this stuff already but my dad (john) and I loved running that car. it fun and sad to talk about but hey we miss the power mirrors and v8 sound... lol

Phil or John,I remember hearing the radiator needs to be replaced. What is the issue with it?

Thanks,

Fritz

After Nelson Ledge in Oct 09 we drained some water and added coolant to it. During which we ran the engine to cycle the t-stat so that it would blend. I noticed a wet spot on the driver side near the top of the radiator. I dried it off but after a couple good revs it was wet again. So i brought the revs up and held it for a little bit while checking around the hose. When I wiggled the hose it start spraying a lite stream and from there we just shut it off. I did have BAR'S stop leak in the system previously so it may of sealed it up but I wouldn't chance it come race day for that thing to hold. That is likely to be the original radiator being the it only has 140K on it. The miles on the Odometer is the actual miles on that car FYI.

-phil-

P.s. my dad (john) does not have a Lemons forum account. but i do relay what goes on here to him if he knows something I don't he'll tell me and I'll post it up. otherwise it just mainly me online with the forum.

Thanks, we'll check it out

Fritz