Re: Car multiplication due to trailer ownership.. or "I can go get that"

The only reason I don't have a collection is because I live in an apartment, so the fact I have to beg for space at my folks to keep our Lemon is bad enough.  Our 69 Roadrunner project car had to be sold because of it!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I was solely responsible for my apartment complex instituting a "no inop. vehicles" rule.

Then I had them pay for towing my car to the tow yard and back for violating said rule, as they in turn violated the county's "48 hour warning necessary on unrestricted parking lots" rule.

Then they decided to introduce parking restrictions so that they can tow my cars at will, and keep me from parking all 7 of them. Fortunately, I have my work's parking lot nearby, and I'm now renting a detached garage, so I can still keep 3 crapcans around at any one time. I'll pick the ugliest ones so that I can annoy the office into making more stupid decisions. Still waiting on a "no cars with a roll-on paint job" rule.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

I was solely responsible for my apartment complex instituting a "no inop. vehicles" rule.

Then I had them pay for towing my car to the tow yard and back for violating said rule, as they in turn violated the county's "48 hour warning necessary on unrestricted parking lots" rule.

Then they decided to introduce parking restrictions so that they can tow my cars at will, and keep me from parking all 7 of them. Fortunately, I have my work's parking lot nearby, and I'm now renting a detached garage, so I can still keep 3 crapcans around at any one time. I'll pick the ugliest ones so that I can annoy the office into making more stupid decisions. Still waiting on a "no cars with a roll-on paint job" rule.

Reasons why I swore I would never live in an apartment, ever again.  I remember my first place in Laurel, MD.  One day I was walking out to my '74 Satellite and found a yellow ticket-looking thing on it.  It was from the "Please Department" (not making that up) asking me to fix the various drips and leaks from my car.

A guy who lived next door to me had a '77 Camaro (bitchin'!) and another fellow had a '78 T-bird; we used to park all of them together.  It was the Malaise section of the parking lot.  There was a crappy looking old Aramark truck we used to park next to, too.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

typHOON wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Owning a trailer capable of hauling a car was bad enough, but once I equipped said trailer with an electric winch things really got dangerous...

My trailer has a 2500 lb winch.  It's strong enough to pull a roller up the ramps, but not enough to get the junk that's becoming one with the muck.

That helps keep my projects feasible.

This statement makes me wonder if it's really such a good idea to put a 12000lb winch and a receiver on the nose of my parts hauler/light duty tow truck.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Evil Genius wrote:
Scud.Ig wrote:

Trailer ownership + available space == random car acquisition.

Oh, I didn't learn that law in college, is that math, physics, philosophy or economics?

Yes, and then some.

Philosophy   Math   Physics  Computer Science!  Economics
        |         |        |         |              |
Trailer ownership + available space == random car acquisition.
Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

^^ inspired!

Good Luck Everybody Else Racing. Yes, we have a fan page.

I can attest to Evil Johns collection....it is extensive with LOTS of rust...in other words perfect for Lemons.....complete with semi-complete Lemons projects in various stages....

I also have borrowed his trailers before.....they range from simple ones...to downright luxurious enclosed with AC!!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I am not sure how you guys grow rust out in Cali but if you need help with it let me know. We have enough to export here in Ohio.

Daniel Sycks