Topic: refueling at CMP

What are the requirements?  Can we do it in paddock, or does it have to be on pit road?  Can guys go over the wall on pit road to help belt the new driver in, and if so, is there a gear requirement for them?  I know the guys gassing/extinguisher need full gear including helmet.  And and all help appreciated.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

2 (edited by sergio 2009-08-13 04:35 AM)

Re: refueling at CMP

For pit lane refueling at MSR Houston, anyone over the wall had to be in full gear, just like if you were driving. On the other side of the wall you had to have a firesuit and shoes on.

At CMP in the spring the fueler was to be in full drivers gear minus the neck brace.  One other person in full gear was holding the fire extinguisher.  Then the driver getting out helped the driver getting belted up, etc.  We had a 4 man team so if you have more people then you can do it differently.
The rest of the details you'll get in the drivers meeting.

We are the people your parents warned you about.

Yes, but at spring CMP, they allowed the driver to be in the car. Stafford was different, and Buttonwillow is too. Methinks the new insurance requirements are NO DRIVER while refueling.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

5 (edited by andyshoun 2009-08-13 12:55 PM)

At CMP last sping we did our fueling and driver changes in the paddock.  We did it there because opening the hood was not allowed in the pit area and we had to check and add oil at each stop.  We did all three things at once - dirver changes, check under hood and fuel.

Not all who wander are lost.

6 (edited by VKZ24 2009-08-31 08:05 AM)

Time to re-vist this with the race being only two weeks away.  So to Nick or any of the other officials...what are the regs going to be?  I'm mainly interested in how many people will be allowed 'over the wall' and can the driver stay in while fueling?

Does anyone remember how many people were allowed 'over the wall' in the spring race at CMP?  I *think* it was a total of four counting the driver in the car, but I can't say for sure.  Was it three or four?

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

Time to re-vist this with the race being only two weeks away.  So to Nick or any of the other officials...what are the regs going to be?  I'm mainly interested in how many people will be allowed 'over the wall' and can the driver stay in while fueling?

Does anyone remember how many people were allowed 'over the wall' in the spring race at CMP?  I *think* it was a total of four counting the driver in the car, but I can't say for sure.  Was it three or four?

4 over (1 fuel, 1 fire man, drive in, driver out). I know as I did the fueling for the team I'm running with this time at CMP.

We were wondering the same thing and asked Jay by email.  Got this response a few days ago.  It's, ah, not exactly conclusive...

The Lamminator wrote:

It'll be a central location similar to last year, but I
think the track manager and race manager are still fiddling with the
exact details. I would NOT expect to use the hot pits.
When they have a final plan, we'll post it to the CMP Event Page.
Should be by the end of the week, I'm thinking. Best--JL

whitney wrote:

We were wondering the same thing and asked Jay by email.  Got this response a few days ago.  It's, ah, not exactly conclusive...

The Lamminator wrote:

It'll be a central location similar to last year, but I
think the track manager and race manager are still fiddling with the
exact details. I would NOT expect to use the hot pits.
When they have a final plan, we'll post it to the CMP Event Page.
Should be by the end of the week, I'm thinking. Best--JL

Great...just like last time every decision is made the last minute.

Captain

Well if the rules at are on the race page now are correct it is a change from the previous race. The paddock area might become popular for refueling.

gsmith2424 wrote:

Well if the rules at are on the race page now are correct it is a change from the previous race. The paddock area might become popular for refueling.

Fuel Rules: Designated spaces along hot-pit wall only. No driver in car during fueling, absolutely no other work allowed in fuel area--MINIMUM TWO-HOUR PENALTY for breaking any fueling rule. At least two crew members present in full Nomex at all times, with team's extinguisher handled and ready.

Yep, we've decided to do paddock driver changes.

whitney wrote:

Fuel Rules: Designated spaces along hot-pit wall only. No driver in car during fueling, absolutely no other work allowed in fuel area--MINIMUM TWO-HOUR PENALTY for breaking any fueling rule. At least two crew members present in full Nomex at all times, with team's extinguisher handled and ready.

Where did you get that info Mike?

Captain

VKZ24 wrote:
whitney wrote:

Where did you get that info Mike?

Its on the event page. http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/cmpsouthfall/