Topic: How many of you also ride bikes? - Elsinore Grand Prix

http://lakeelsinoregp.com/

Many of you may not know that this is still going on.  It took a hiatus in the late 70s until about 1995, but its been back ever since.

The great part about this is they have Vintage (pre 1974), Classic (1975-1979), and Evo (1980-1985).  Ans they honestly don't care what you ride.  Several years I did it on a Honda CL450 street bike on knobbies.  If you've ever seen On Any Sunday, you know what its about.  It no longer goes right through downtown (2006 was the last year for that) but its still an on road, off road, fun race with a large turn out.  There are sections of dirt road where you can basically run as fast as you dare.  2009 when I ran it on my 1971 Husky 400 I realized I had way more motor than brakes or courage.

So, come on.  Drop a couple hundred on an early 80s bike and lets do this.

Woody

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Re: How many of you also ride bikes? - Elsinore Grand Prix

I had no idea this race was back on.  I remember when they did away with it when I was in high school but I thought it was killed dead.  The party crowd was pretty wild.  I heard they revived the Catalina race last year but nothing for this year.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Re: How many of you also ride bikes? - Elsinore Grand Prix

Yeah, Elsinore has been pretty much back on since 1995.  Its not as big of a race as it used to be, but it is still a pretty big deal.  A lot of local and regional fast guys run it, even though its not any sort of AMA sanctioned/points paying race.

You can get a pretty good idea of the course through the map on their web site and you tube helmet cam video.

Catalina is off for this year, but is supposed to be back on and even bigger for 2012!.

Woody

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura