Topic: Car show epic fail.

Ok so was I the only one who noticed tonight on the car show that during their Zero to 60 segment that they very wrongly called the Pontiac G8 a fwd car? The dense jersey guy started mocking the car and everyone else just piled on.

Ummm.... the G8 is not only RWD but it fails to suck. Its actually a pretty fun drive and rather solid at that.

I was all cool with this show but crap like this erases pretty well any and all credibility that it had with me.

Daniel Sycks

Re: Car show epic fail.

Those guys do the show for the paycheck. Which they won't be getting much longer with crap like that.

I think the bigger problem with the show is structural, they have what seems like 3 minutes of content per segment.

There are some things that they can do in 3-5 minutes, like the driver interviews, but the interesting stuff all gets cut way too short. Like the self driving BMW. They could have made it so much better, but they didn't take the time to compare anything but lap times.

Jim - 3 Pedal Mafia
Dustbuster AWD Civic WagoVan
SeaSprite/S10 a.k.a. "The Boat"

The bit on Lemons is what turned me on to the series.  So I cannot bash it too much, but I don't see it surviving.

Organizer's Choice Award 2011 Heaps in Heart of Texas
IOE 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
2014 ECR Class C WIN;  2015 MSR Class B WIN
Speedy Monzales

Adam is wearing make-up.  He looks like his face is frozen and the reefer isn't cutting it anymore.  Bu

This space for rent.

Just got this from Matt on FB...

"If you listen carefully, you can hear that it was actually an editing mistake. I had spent 2 whole sentences bashing the older FWD Impala cop cars, but they cut them out until I said "you can't trust a FWD cop car" and it sounded like I was talking about the G8. Obviously I know that the G8 and the Caprice/cop car variant is RWD"

Guess this would explain it but still. Epic fail.

Daniel Sycks

dsycks wrote:

"If you listen carefully, you can hear that it was actually an editing mistake. I had spent 2 whole sentences bashing the older FWD Impala cop cars, but they cut them out until I said "you can't trust a FWD cop car" and it sounded like I was talking about the G8. Obviously I know that the G8 and the Caprice/cop car variant is RWD"

Considering he's been proven to be a liar in the past, I'd take his excuse with a grain of salt.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle (PPV) joins GM's fleet in 2011. It's not a re-badged Pontiac G8 sedan. Instead, the new Chevy uses the longest wheelbase version of the Zeta platform — 118.5" — making it almost four inches longer than the 114.7" wheelbase Pontiac G8 sedan. If that bigger-than-G8 number sounds familiar, it should — it's the same length as the Holden VE Ute, the Holden Statesman and the Middle Eastern Chevy Caprice and...drum roll, please...the Pontiac "El Camino" G8 ST

Team Mid-Life Crisis    Smokey and the Bandit 300zx Twans Am
                                           LeMonza CMP Spring 2013

I noticed quite a bit of disjointed editing on this past week's show.  After watching that segment twice and reading his explanation and also seeing the disjointed edits I believe him.  They cut out a key section of dialog, I guess the "car show" is not being edited or produced by "car guys".

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I quite watching about 3/4 through the first episode.

Y'all be sure to let me know if it becomes worth watching at some point.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

The Car Show makes Top Gear US like like a Coen brothers production.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/