Topic: Part 10 of the 1965 Impala Hell Project now live

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/08/94-I5_North-JCT119-1280px-550x206.jpg

Fiat X1/9 scoops on the hood, more endless road trips.

Re: Part 10 of the 1965 Impala Hell Project now live

I have eagerly awaited every 'episode' of this story, and I really think you should turn it into a book or something. It is absolutely brilliant.

Key Lemon Racing #963
Haze Gray and Underway Wagovan

Me too.  In Part 9 he mentioned 'future car'...  I immediately was bummed being reminded that in some future update we'll read about the inevitable demise of the Impala.

A real test of Phil's skill would be him writing something as interesting about his Civic.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

The Impala story should be a lot more interesting once I get to the part where it has 400+ horsepower. That's much later, though.

<grins>

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

6 (edited by EyeMWing 2011-08-25 07:44 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

The Impala story should be a lot more interesting once I get to the part where it has 400+ horsepower. That's much later, though.

.... Just how long is this thing going to be? When did you make the unfortunate decision to rid yourself of what, as far as I can tell, is the single greatest car ever to grace Interstate 5 with its presence?

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Based on the number of photos I have yet to scan, and the many twists and turns the Impala story took, I would say that the series has at least 20 more installments to go. This tale is going to take a while to tell.

I used to love Phil's prose...now I am amazed at his photography.  Just think back- there once was a time when every stupid moron and his half-sister wasn't walking around with a camera phone in their back pocket.  When pictures were _special_.  When they told a story.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Judge Phil wrote:

Based on the number of photos I have yet to scan, and the many twists and turns the Impala story took, I would say that the series has at least 20 more installments to go. This tale is going to take a while to tell.

So far it's well worth however long it takes. Now my daughter wants me to get an old car so we can do a cross country photography trip.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Novel + Photos + Murilee Martin + 400HP = Awesome Book I would buy

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

I'm glad there is alot left to tell, because I keep fearing that the next entry will be the sad one when its time to say good bye to the Impala. 

I also think it would make a great book, maybe even a weird children's book,just have to work on some rhymes and add some colorful illustrations.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page