Topic: adding a driver at the last minute? CMP fall

So we're in for the CMP race coming up this weekend, but we need to add another driver and the online registration page is closed for any changes to our team.

I couldn't find anything in the rules or the FAQ's about this.

I'm assuming and hoping that we can add our new driver at the track- but can anyone confirm this for sure?

Thanks.

Rig

#40 Malt Liquor Tech Racing

Re: adding a driver at the last minute? CMP fall

Once you pass the deadline for driver changes, you're pretty much stuck with what you have. If you accidentally ran over one of your drivers and only have 3 left (4 is the minimum), you might be able to petition Jay for an exception.

Think it's time for a forum FAQ. This one's been asked at least a few times already. As has fueling and driver changes.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

Well, for future reference, here's what Nick at Lemons HQ had to say about this:

"Yeah, you can do that....the best way to do it is to buy a pit pass for him at the gate, and then check in with us at the comp license station to upgrade him to a driver.

Cheers,

Nick"

Ringmaster, I have a guy that would love to help out and drive a stint or two.  He's on our team as 'crew' but if you need a fill in for some relief, email me at tajracing45@yahoo.com

We are the people your parents warned you about.

Tajracing45 wrote:

Ringmaster, I have a guy that would love to help out and drive a stint or two.  He's on our team as 'crew' but if you need a fill in for some relief, email me at tajracing45@yahoo.com

Hey Taj,

we've got enough drivers now, it's just that we did not add this last guy before the team/driver page was locked, so I was concerned that we were SOL.

See you at CMP.

No sweat.  I'm 2 hrs away from leaving to CMP!  smile

We are the people your parents warned you about.