Topic: facilities @ Lamest Day and HELLO all from the "usual suspects" racing

anybody know what facilities they have at Nelson Ledges (i.e. showers,water,electric for camping ? are campfires permitted ? any food concessions? dancing girls?swimming pool?sauna? )  I didnt make the deadline for entry but will most likely be up there for the whole event    possibly in a support role with my tow trucks and car trailers and buying the remains of any cars that people dont want to haul home ( I scrap cars for a living)     never been to one of these so it will also be a recon mission for entering next yrs race    from the videos Ive seen maybe I should bring my dump truck too    I have a feeling there are alot of vehicle PARTS laying around at the end also that could just be thrown in the dump truck

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Re: facilities @ Lamest Day and HELLO all from the "usual suspects" racing

Nelson has like 3 or 4 showers & no hook ups for camping water or power.  There is potable water in the restroom & non-potable water by the tech shed.  I believe campfires are permitted, but don't quote me on that.  There is a food concession trailer onsite that is usually open on the weekend & they sell ice, as well.

Eric

If you come to Nelson Ledges plan to be completely self-sufficient. The  facilities are, at best, primitive.

The regular track food concession can't handle even the small volume needed to service regular club races. There has been talk of bringing in another mobile food concession(s) (pizza, deep-fried dough products...) for the Lamest Day.

You might want to investgate the camping facilities at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, a private campground about 1 mile from the track.

There are restaurants, grocery stores, auto parts stores, a 24 hour gas station/convenience store, etc. in Garrettsville (12-15 minute drive from the track).

do you think there will be people selling racing supplies (suits, helmets, gloves, that sort of thing) like there was at CMP???

Just wondering...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

After Reno-Fernley, Nelson Ledges will seem luxurious.

Bonedriver wrote:

do you think there will be people selling racing supplies (suits, helmets, gloves, that sort of thing) like there was at CMP???

Just wondering...

Chances are very slim, I wouldn't count on it

thanks for the info !  I E mailed Jay about the support role as far as bringing the tow trucks,trailers,dump truck and hauling off the remains that people dont want to haul home but havent heard back from him.    on average   how many teams usually want to just get rid of whats left of the car after the race ? I dont want to waste a bunch of gas driving trucks etc up there if there isnt any interest or need   ( although Im sure a couple extra tow trucks on site wouldnt hurt anything !!! )

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Primary - As far as the track is concerned there is plenty of room for you to bring as many trucks as you want. The track also does NOT want dead cars left there.

How many you can drag home?  I have no idea. Others should be able to comment.

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

9 (edited by Spud 2009-09-20 07:25 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

After Reno-Fernley, Nelson Ledges will seem luxurious.

Sorry to contradict the wisdom of our famous (infamous?) and esteemed judge but ..... you haven't see Nelson's yet!!!

It' s great place, great people, pure racers ... but a bit, err, uhm, 'rustic'. Umm, yea, that's it... rustic.

Spud

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Only judging by what I've heard and Google Maps satellite view, I've never been myself...
It seems like sitting on gravel in the desert for 3 days would make being surrounded by grass and trees seem like paradise... possibly even luxurious at first.

I just heard back from Jay and my "wrecker" crew and I are a go for Nelson Ledges     If you know for sure you will NOT want to haul your heap home please E mail me so I can get an idea of how many cars I will need to haul out of there      I will have 2 tow trucks, 2 car trailers and a small dump truck for loose parts and pieces at the event  ( please do NOT throw trash in it )    as I said before I will be able to pay a LITTLE something for whats left of your car depending on what it weighs,wether you have a title and wether your leaving any aluminum wheels on it    please keep in mind that I have to haul this junk clear back to Columbus to process it and get rid of it again , gas aint cheap ,and wreckers dont get real good mileage so dont be insulted by the price I quote ya !!!  I will be as fair as I can , Im just shooting for breaking even on expenses and gathering info to be used against  you when my team and I enter next yrs event .
   If you decide you dont want to haul your heap home after your AT the race ( when it burns or gets cursed or just generally pisses you off to the point your done with it )   any vehicle running around at the track this weekend with a "FAST-TOYS" sticker on it is one of my minions and they can buy your pile or know where to find me so I can buy your pile.

The last time that I was there was at the Longest Day 24 hr. race some years back. The the "facilities" consisted of a shack with a huge long plywood box that they had cut holes in the top of and nailed toilet seats to. One big box, mind you, that went along the whole back wall. Men and women's were separated by a thin paneling wall that was fit around the middle of that one big box. No running water in that facility when I was there, but when you looked in one of the toilet seats you discovered that the plywood box was sitting over about a 30 foot deep huge hole. It took a good long while before you heard your splash down. Hopefully that's been up dated by now.

We rolled the car, fixed it, blew it up in front of three factory Mitsubishi team cars that all went on their roofs, changed the engine in the open air shed, right beside the factory Mitsubishi guys that were frantically beating the roofs back out (we did not ask if we could borrow any tools), and then blew a tire out when we decided to take a victory lap (with ALL the crew and drivers stuffed in the racecar) even though we didn't even place... AHH yea... good times! good times! Thanks for reminding me of how good I like Nelson Ledges raceway! God I miss the old days smile

Everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

Bonedriver wrote:

Just wondering...

I would think not. But Summit racing is 40 minutes down the road.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

E-Speed wrote:

The last time that I was there was at the Longest Day 24 hr. race some years back. The the "facilities" consisted of a shack with a huge long plywood box that they had cut holes in the top of and nailed toilet seats to. One big box, mind you, that went along the whole back wall. Men and women's were separated by a thin paneling wall that was fit around the middle of that one big box. No running water in that facility when I was there, but when you looked in one of the toilet seats you discovered that the plywood box was sitting over about a 30 foot deep huge hole. It took a good long while before you heard your splash down. Hopefully that's been up dated by now.

We rolled the car, fixed it, blew it up in front of three factory Mitsubishi team cars that all went on their roofs, changed the engine in the open air shed, right beside the factory Mitsubishi guys that were frantically beating the roofs back out (we did not ask if we could borrow any tools), and then blew a tire out when we decided to take a victory lap (with ALL the crew and drivers stuffed in the racecar) even though we didn't even place... AHH yea... good times! good times! Thanks for reminding me of how good I like Nelson Ledges raceway! God I miss the old days smile

The facilities have improved a great deal since you were last there. You don't even need to bring a lawnmower for your paddock space anymore. But we'll save a plot of un-mown grass if you want to feel nostalgic.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse