Re: Finally, a Nissan Z cracks the Top Five at a Lemons race!

I might need to tone down the "Ha ha, a Nissan will never win Lemons" tirades, because we're seeing a major increase in super-cheaty Sentra SE-Rs these days, and it really slows down the BS Inspection when we have to spend all that time hammering them with penalty laps.

And hey, you know who else has never won a Lemons race? General Fucking Motors, that's who! YOU SUCK, GM! You see, Nissan guys? You're not alone!

Sheesh, we're working on it...

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

MurileeMartin wrote:

...And hey, you know who else has never won a Lemons race? General Fucking Motors, that's who! YOU SUCK, GM! You see, Nissan guys? You're not alone!

Great.  Now we are being lumped in with GM.

"Hey Nissan guys, you know what else had never won at Lemons?  That big seaming pile of crap you just stepped in.  Feel better?"

29 (edited by Troy 2009-09-23 11:29 PM)

Maybe we should unit the forces.  A 350 power Z.  A hybrid Nissan/Chevy could give each brand a partial win.

Maybe next year, I don't have time to make that happen for our October race.

I've already got too much to do before the race and most of it isn't race related.

We are working very hard to try and get a respectable finish for a Z.

Regarding that whole radar thing, I think it flew right into it with lights and sirens a blazin.'

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

To be fair, we've had GM cars finish 2nd and 3rd at least once apiece, and many GMs in the top 10. With Nissans, we've had one 4th place, one 5th place (that was probably super-cheaty), and a couple of 8th places. So, Nissan is still in a deeper hole, futility-wise.

MurileeMartin wrote:

To be fair, we've had GM cars finish 2nd and 3rd at least once apiece, and many GMs in the top 10. With Nissans, we've had one 4th place, one 5th place (that was probably super-cheaty), and a couple of 8th places. So, Nissan is still in a deeper hole, futility-wise.

So are you saying we might need a French connection?

This sounds to me like all Nissans should just get a free pass in BS since they are know crap.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Has it been enough time for Renault to have an influence? French engineering with Japanese know how.........

Oooohhh...  I just had a great (awful) idea!  What about a Turbo PRV V6 powered Z car?  IOE contender for sure.  With the Renault/Peugeot/Volvo/Nissan hybrid, what could possibly go wrong?

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584