1 (edited by bongle 2009-09-25 06:55 PM)

Topic: Part Request for Nelson: 107-tooth timing belt for D16A6 (91 Civic Si)

Alert: this thread is done, if a mod could close it that'd be great.

Hi guys

Team #571 is in need of a timing belt for our spare D16A6.

We crashed out last year and the structure of the car pinched the timing cover which tore the timing belt, and we kind of put off getting a new one until the last minute, and now it turns out they're hard to find.  The car currently has another junkyard Civic engine, but since it is a bit of an oil-burning unknown quantity, we'd like to have our spare engine ready to go at race time.

We'll have some special Canadian beer set aside for anyone that can get us one.

This is what the old timing belt looked like post-race:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2512/3954501992_96ac0f4f7a.jpg

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Re: Part Request for Nelson: 107-tooth timing belt for D16A6 (91 Civic Si)

Rock auto has them in stock.  If for some reason shipping is an issue you are welcome to have it shipped to me and I'll bring it down for you (will be down thursday night).  Feel free to use the email link on the left.

Go to www.rockauto.com load the catalogue, find your car, go to engine->timing belt.

They have one on clearance for $9

rushman wrote:

Rock auto has them in stock.  If for some reason shipping is an issue you are welcome to have it shipped to me and I'll bring it down for you (will be down thursday night).  Feel free to use the email link on the left.

Go to www.rockauto.com load the catalogue, find your car, go to engine->timing belt.

They have one on clearance for $9

Good call, ordered.  $16 of timing belts, $33 of shipping, and likely another $40 in duty/bullshit UPS processing fees once it arrives.  I hate living in the wrong country.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Thats why I offered to have you ship it to me ;-) .

rushman wrote:

Thats why I offered to have you ship it to me ;-) .

I missed that part sad  I saw $8 timing belt and off I went.

6 (edited by MagnumPI 2009-09-26 06:43 AM)

I have a complete d16a6 in my garage... :-/ and too boot I have a us mailing address. Living in a border town has its advantages.

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure