Topic: Full sized van, U-haul truck, tow truck, etc

Friends of mine have a cousin who has several vehicles that might be potential Lemons contenders, but I told them they are crazy.  So, would a Econoline, little Toyota U-Haul, Tow Truck, or (I do not know how they have this) one of those USPS vans be eligible for Lemons?  I told them that that a full sized SUV was a big no-no.

Re: Full sized van, U-haul truck, tow truck, etc

Read the rules, there is a weight restriction.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

as long as it meets weight and safety it should be okay.  I want to snag an astro or similar and do a king of the hill bugabeago theme.

4 (edited by FJ40Jim 2009-09-20 05:39 AM)

But there's an interesting theme...
Get a ford ranger std cab, short bed, with 5spd.
Remove rusty PU bed.  Fabricate "tow truck" bed from coroplast, styrofoam and thick poly rope as cable.
Paint "Track Safety Service" on the doors...

Prolly already been done, but sounds like fun.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

the toyota u haul would be great if you could rig up something to eject home furnishings out the back at potential rivals trying to pass you !!!!

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

We've already got guys in Crown Victorias with HUGE 'wink' mirrors who don't seem to be able to see the smaller cars right next to them....just what we need is a big moving van with limited visibility.

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

I say you get a big ass uhaul truck.. one of the 26 footers and chop the box off. If you have a good welder you can enforce the frame and then chop properly measured holes to lighten it up. I think it can be done. Especially if you find a diesel rig... You might do VERY well.

Well... until you have to stop that is... or turn...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"