Topic: You Texas boys have your whining work cut out for you

Traditionally, California has featured the best cars/worst drivers, South Carolina has had the best drivers/worst themes and Texas has been the lone star home to the biggest bunch of whiny, menstruating cry babies.

Not any more. Meet the cars of Nelson Ledges, where everyone was innocent. And the flaggers totally had it in for them. And they got punted, someone else did the bad thing.

Again -- out of about 275 black flags, maybe, MAYBE, fifty people admitted their guilt. The rest? Whined and whined and whined.

Not, luckily for you Texans, you have Troy, who has taken whining to an entirely new level of hair splitting anal retentiveness. But any ways, you have a lot of catching up to do Texas. A lot.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: You Texas boys have your whining work cut out for you

Yeah, the racers at Nelson Ledges managed to combine the worst of the California SCCA-vet-style "I taught Barney Oldfield how to drive" whining with the worst of the Houston wealthy-weekend-spec-racer-style "How dare you talk to me like that?" whining.

You should all take a lesson from the South Carolina guys. Working on cheating innovations must be good for one's sense of humor, because the Southerners whine way less than anyone else.

And Troy? Please include a Table Of Contents and Index with your response. It'll make it easier for us to get to the important parts.

And Troy? Please include a Table Of Contents and Index with your response. It'll make it easier for us to get to the important parts.

You rock Phil.

I had a blast this weekend.  See you in Houston.

Brian

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

4 (edited by flagger 2009-10-06 10:31 AM)

But, But, I wasn't even in the car for the incident we got flagged for.................................
I just got in the car. What happened?
Okay I'll write..........................

True story, really............................

I thought it was pretty funny when I got out of the car, you guys were asking me if I was a hero and how many people I had saved but going ditch digging in turn one.  You almost seemed disapointed when I just got out and said "My fault I was stupid and this thing doesnt handle!"

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

We were and kinda still are disappointed.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

We were and kinda still are disappointed.

Sorry. I'm no good at lying!  Besides, now that I know that I was one of the only people to tell the truth...makes me feel a bit more oddball.

that makes me feel happy.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

I know our guy got a scowl when he came in and admitted fault for going offroading at turn 1.

Did you guys keep the pedobear stencil?  We were hoping most cars would get it during the event, i know i saw 2 or 3 with it emblazened on the hood by the end.

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

NDGeist wrote:

I know our guy got a scowl when he came in and admitted fault for going offroading at turn 1.

Did you guys keep the pedobear stencil?  We were hoping most cars would get it during the event, i know i saw 2 or 3 with it emblazened on the hood by the end.

Sadly, the Pedobear stencil is too much work on our part, so we had our apprentice judges burn it.

MurileeMartin wrote:

This attention from the mighty Judges is flattering and all but there are two basic problems:

1. Table of Contents: implies my thoughts are that organized.

2. Important Parts: there are important parts?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I would have admitted to something had I actually gotten a black flag. Instead my buddy overheard radio chatter mistaking ME for Danny Popp and being such a kind and courteous driver (hint, we have working turn signals on the buick and used them on-track)

I think the judges need a mighty mallet of "THIS IS NOT A SPRINT RACE"

I shall work on it.

(hint, we have working turn signals on the buick and used them on-track)

Good Idea. I used the turn signal to let everyone know when I was headed to the pit lane, prolly works better than hand signals in the dark!

As long as you don't assume that the turn signal gives you any RIGHT to take the line that you're aiming for.  In my world, the faster car has priority.

Personally, I found the few cars that had working turn signals on the track to be annoying and just plain silly.  Was amusing during the transponder check laps before the green dropped... but seeing a car with it's left turn signal on for half way around the track didn't impress me in the least.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Loren wrote:

As long as you don't assume that the turn signal gives you any RIGHT to take the line that you're aiming for.  In my world, the faster car has priority.

Personally, I found the few cars that had working turn signals on the track to be annoying and just plain silly.  Was amusing during the transponder check laps before the green dropped... but seeing a car with it's left turn signal on for half way around the track didn't impress me in the least.

I used to use that technique in drag racing if i got to leave first   .  To get the other guy to shut down early and let me through the traps first       just put it on 3/4 track and start edging toward the center line            worked once in awhile !!

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Loren wrote:

There's no "line" and nobody has the "right" to it... I made that mistake and had contact because of it (my fault ultimately). Remember this is an "all fault" race!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Spinnetti wrote:
Loren wrote:

There's no "line" and nobody has the "right" to it... I made that mistake and had contact because of it (my fault ultimately). Remember this is an "all fault" race!

I prefer to think of it as an "all responsibility" race.  We're all responsible for watching the cars around us and getting around the race track safely.  For example, when I know there's a faster car behind me, and I can see that he's going for an inside line on me, I do my best to LEAVE ROOM for him to get in there.  No more room than is necessary, but enough that he doesn't have to drive in the weeds to take that line.  I expect (but don't always get) the same courtesy from other drivers.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

WHAAAA?

We whine? I blame the hippies...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

"what did you do"

"I put all 4 wheels off"

"why'd you do that"

"that civic pushed me off"

"sounds like your fault to me"

lol

Honestly people.  There's so much shit going on you can't expect fairness at all.  You got black flagged.  It's not the end of the world.    Doesn't matter if you were in the right or the wrong.  Really.  You'll be back on the track again, it's a long race.

That said - I can't believe how much bitching there was about corner workers/incorrect flagging.  Either a: everyone is crazy, or b: the workers are completely blind.   The whole time I was driving I was flagged once, for going off - which I did do, regardless of why - and they missed another off of mine  and a pit lane violation (I got stupid and exited on red, all excited to drive).  It's all in the past now but hey. you win some and you lose some. 

Think about those times when you SHOULDA been flagged and got away with it if you are getting flagged for something you feel you shouldn't have been.

Theta Tau #36 wrote:

The judge

I always blame The Judge...

http://suburbarazzi.lohudblogs.com/files/2007/11/judge-judy.jpg