Topic: Miles per gallon?

We were surprised when we averaged right at 13 mpg in the SE-R at Nelson Ledges..

What sort of MPG are you other guys getting???

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

Re: Miles per gallon?

I think the 3000GT was getting around 10-11 mpg.  Roughly 6 gallons per hour.  With yellows, I think we were averaging around 32 laps per hour.  Not bad for a 3 liter V6 hauling nearly 3000 pounds, I guess.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

We were running with no alternator & a smoked clutch for most of the race, expecting to use 5 gallons an hour, but the car apparently MAKES fuel in those conditions.....

I brought about 45 gallons home with me!!

Eric

We used around 52 gallons of fuel, drove 1236 miles (based on 2mi/lap since our odo only read 1097) and got 23.75 mpg over our 618 laps. Or 20.09 if you trust the odometer.

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

That's amazing, Chip!  Even my Yaris only gets around 16 mpg at Sebring.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

I think the biggest reason for the high gas mileage is the 20-30 minute full course yellows at night.  We were running 5th gear, 45mph (aka 50mpg mode) during those..

Next year the plan is to replace our headgasket (woo honda), see if we can find a junkyard head, and to add some lightness.  The latter of which may help our mpg's a bit more.

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

we had an average speed of around 74MPH according to timing, and I know personally we'd have to pit every 2 hours to fill the tank. we'd take on roughly 15gallons of fuel during those stops, so we're talking right around 10mpg. these number were improved at night during the long yellows.

800miles /40gal = 20MPG

86 VW golf 1.8L

Helped out by the aforementioned slower pace late at night.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

team non sequitur...92 integra...burnt 70 gallons going 1400 race miles.  i think the yellows only helped our mpg...

EBudman wrote:

We were running with no alternator & a smoked clutch for most of the race, expecting to use 5 gallons an hour, but the car apparently MAKES fuel in those conditions.....

I brought about 45 gallons home with me!!

Eric

You found out the secret the oil companies have been hiding all this time.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE MAN!!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

'95 Saturn SL got 13MPG when racing.

Not all who wander are lost.

I'm estimating a lousy 10 gallons per hour.....which is around 7 mpg....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

somewhat amusingly, some of these cars are getting better mileage on track than i get commuting in my RX-8.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11