1 (edited by psychoboy 2009-10-10 11:24 AM)

Topic: new/other/replacement tracks in the 2010 series?

a little birdie told me that there might be a forthcoming deal with Hallett in central oklahoma.

http://www.hallettracing.net/images/hallettaerial2008.jpg

as the birdie and I were discussing the opportunities available at this fine place of racing, it occurred to us that the track would suit Lemons racing quite handily (being a tight and highly technical track), except for one slight drawback: no infield access during the race for people or vehicles.

i would love to see Lemons action at Hallett, but i can also understand the concerns the lack of access (no tunnel/pedestrian bridge) would present.  obviously, building a tunnel is out of the question, but i can't imagine a pedestrian bridge over turn 10 (the 180* at the left of the overhead shot above) or over the main straight would be a prohibitively expensive addition to the facility that would allow dozens of race cars and a couple hundred racers/spectators to come and spend their money in the local communities and at the track concession stand.

i have no idea what kind of deal the Lemons organizers make with the track management; i don't know if you guys pay for a normal track weekend, and pocket what's left of the entry fees not spent on judges wigs and gavels and nickels and spray paint and medical personnel and lemon cannons and welding rods. i don't know if you and the track split the profits, or if you donate to charity, or if you burn it all on saturday night hookers and blow.

but i do know one thing: if the local auto enthusiast communities based in Tulsa and Oklahoma City can do anything to help bring Lemons to Hallett, i'm sure we'd be happy to pitch in anywhere we can. (especially if we can get in on the saturday night hookers and blow action).

thanks, and regardless of your 2010 schedule, we're going to try our darnedest to get to MSR in the spring. (unless, of course, MSR isn't on the schedule in the spring..in which case, we'll feel awfully silly for making that drive..[when you see out car..you'll understand])

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C