Topic: Recycling - surprise bonus..

Woo-Hoo! The cats, AC compressor, condenser, bumper core and a few other odds 'n ends got me $152 from recycling... I was surprised that the cats (3 of them) were worth $45 a piece, and my local place doesn't even pay well.... Just a budget tip!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Re: Recycling - surprise bonus..

Spinnetti wrote:

Woo-Hoo! The cats, AC compressor, condenser, bumper core and a few other odds 'n ends got me $152 from recycling... I was surprised that the cats (3 of them) were worth $45 a piece, and my local place doesn't even pay well.... Just a budget tip!

I am not sure about now but a year or so ago there was a huge crime spree of people stealing cats from under parked vehicles and selling them for scrap. The precious metals used to make the cores fetched up to $100 a piece.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Cats are a prized comodity. The platinum gizzards are valuable!

My cat had no core left. Value = $0. 1986 BMW.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

5 (edited by King Arthur 2009-10-09 11:16 AM)

My cat just pees in my wife's flowers

scrowner wrote:

Yet another reason to avoid BMW's besides the drivers wink

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

scrowner wrote:

Steel is 6-7 cents a pound here... so it might be worth something...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Spin: The car ran flawless. Never owned a BMW till we got a $400 one for Stafford. Very impressed with its engineering. Bringing the same car to a few more races next year. Where is the 2010 schedule anyway?

Riktor: Darn, I missed out on a $1 in the negative tally with the BS judges.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

Gotta get every penny... just so they can ignore it and give laps anyways...

Sons of STIG