Topic: Private Lemons testing in FL

Wasn't sure where to post this... I figured testing had to do with building, which has to do with tech, so here it is.

Anyway, we're trying to put together a private test session for Lemons cars only at the European Rally School track in Starke, FL. (very near Jacksonville).  Great opportunity for Florida teams to get some cheap track testing done.

Cost will be $500/car, and you can put any of your drivers in the car.  Will be a 9-5 schedule with a 1-hour lunch break, so about 7 hours of track time available for the group.  We're aiming for just 5-6 cars, but willing to do up to 10 if there is demand. (price could be reduce if there's enough interest, too)  But, this is for Lemons cars only.  No street cars.  Full cage required.  Complete or nearly complete Lemons cars.

We'd like to do this sometime in December.  So, who's interested?

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Re: Private Lemons testing in FL

I'd be glad to come in my capacity as a photo/videographer...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

We would be interested.  Just need to know what weekend it is since December is always a month with lots of (non race car related) scheduled events.

We're way south in Bonita Springs. We plan on using Sebring (on a Chin track day) for testing. Stark is a long tow for us.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports
http://www.racecars360.com/Intervention … _Home.html

I totally understand, Richard.  However, having taken a Lemons car to a PBOC event... let's just say that the regular track day crowd doesn't have a great affinity for crap cans.

Our event is FOR crap cans.  You'll get as much time on track as we can muster, and we're not gonna balk if your car craps out in turn 3.  We know better.  We'll be surprised if your car DOESN'T crap out in turn 3!

Also, once everyone is familiar with the track, we'll probably turn you loose in full-practice sessions with unrestricted passing and all that. 

Just trying to point out that this MIGHT be more relevant for Lemons testing (of both car and drivers) than a Chin event, and we're not gonna give you a bunch of crap about your car.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Ron, we'd love to see you there.  You know, if you hurry, you could have your Prefect ready by then!  (it was you that bought that, wasn't it?)

Rob, what's your preference for date in December?  We'll start looking.

Anybody else?

Loren wrote:

Rob, what's your preference for date in December?  We'll start looking.

Not sure.  Let me get with the rest of the team and I will let you know ASAP.

I'm just storing it... Speedycop is going to be building it, once I deliver it to his palatial estate outside DC. Heh.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones