Topic: 2010 Lemons Schedule is up....

http://24hoursoflemons.com/events

Re: 2010 Lemons Schedule is up....

with that many events, have you ever thought of doing a season loser, errrr champion?

to prevent somebody with no life of entering every single event, only count a teams top 4 finishes.

nascar style points (100 entries x 5 = 500 points.  1st gets 500 points, 2nd 495, 3rd 490, etc.)

marketing hat on - it will encourage more teams to enter multiple races - marketing hat off.

or if you want to make it more complicated - bonus points for IOE and all your other "awards".  or do a biggest loser season chamionship.  4 races, team that accumulates the least amount of points wins.  ha.

yes, it's a purse car

lukerussell wrote:

with that many events, have you ever thought of doing a season loser, errrr champion?

do a biggest loser season chamionship.  4 races, team that accumulates the least amount of points wins.  ha.

Yes, in the true spirit of Lemons, the worst finishers from every race get invited to a season finale.  Winner gets the "Grand Lemon".

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

I have a feeling the champion would just cause more problems.  Teams will complain that there aren't enough races in their area so they can't get the 4 races in, or complain that their area is tougher than this other area so thats why they can't be champion.  It would end up being a huge headache.

I though there was talk of having the last race be for teams that won or did well but even that would be hard because you would have to find a location that would be fair for teams from across the country to go to.

Also it will allow more teams to race.  Alot of teams are happy to race 1 or 2 races a year and it would be a shame if they get bumped for teams that are trying to win a championship.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Sweet 6lb 7oz Baby Jesus!  You guys are going to be busy this year!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

We will award the Season Champion trophy based on total value of judicial bribes received.

I posted this elsewhere but this seems like a better place for it:

How about a season-ending Grand Prix where the winners of each event are entered into a lottery ala Wartburg: Judges/organizers scour craigslist and salvage yards for 10-20 suitable cars. If the winner of an event passes on the opportunity, give the opportunity to the second place team, and so on. Charge an additional $xx to qualify to cover vehicle and veehicle transport costs. 10 weeks prior to the final event, hold a lottery to see who is assigned which car to prepare. Entry is guaranteed, but the provided car must be suitably Lemonized within budget.  Sort of like the Wartburg--Guaranteed entry into the Finale but you must use the supplied car and you only have 10 weeks to get it ready.

Keep the event open to other teams, but make this a separate Grand Champion class within the race.

While there are always interesting cars in the races, I can only imagine the level of cars there would be if they were sourced by the higher-ups.

--Spank

A year end Championship in Florida combined with a New Years Eve Party would be awesome. 

Actually, the Championship would just be a bonus, a Trackside New Years Eve bash would rock!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

9 (edited by sbarton 2009-10-19 07:15 PM)

Is the schedule 'finalized'?  When I talked to Jay he mentioned that they were going to do atleast 1 and possibly 2 events at NJMP, but I don't see it on the schedule.  I also find it hard to believe they are not going back to Nelson Ledges.  Everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy that event.  It  may not be the best facility, but it certainly beats the crap out of Stafford. 

Just my $.02/100.  big_smile

-Scott

Scott Barton

Jay has never changed the schedule once posted.

So no NJMP or Nelson Ledges.

Sorry!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Charlotte area will be busy the weekend of the second CMP event for 2010: Coca Cola 600, a 24 hr indoor kart race and now Lemons.

doctawife wrote:

Sorry!

Last year Nelson Ledges didn't appear until like mid-December, but 6-7 other races went up around October.  Though last year, his email announcing the 2009 schedule specifically said to expect at least one more race in the Detroit area (at the time there were none).

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

bongle wrote:
doctawife wrote:

Sorry!

Last year Nelson Ledges didn't appear until like mid-December, but 6-7 other races went up around October.  Though last year, his email announcing the 2009 schedule specifically said to expect at least one more race in the Detroit area (at the time there were none).

D'oh!  Good catch.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

hey a flimsy excuse to make a map!!!   hurray!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/4029890946_beaf28d9d1_b.jpg

arse-sweat-apalosa thunderhill 2011 : team killer zomBee!

So, the second race is on the same weekend as the Super Bowl, CMP. I mentioned this to one of my drivers and he said that a LOT of "race/car" guys are not football guys. Is this true? I guess this is the reason Lemons got this weekend at the track?

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

I'll have a 40" HDTV and an HD antenna set up at Police Brutality's paddock space. According to antennaweb, CMP is some 28.8 miles from WLTX-TV's transmitter, so picking up the HD OTA signal (at channel 19.1) should be no trouble at all.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

scrowner wrote:

So, the second race is on the same weekend as the Super Bowl, CMP. I mentioned this to one of my drivers and he said that a LOT of "race/car" guys are not football guys. Is this true? I guess this is the reason Lemons got this weekend at the track?

Well, there's that.  There's also the fact that it's pretty freakin' cold in February...

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

David Hawkins wrote:

There's also the fact that it's pretty freakin' cold in February...

...and there you have it.  It may be time for me to convert our cool suit to a warm suit!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

That June race at Eagles is gonna be KILLER on iron blocked and otherwise crappy cars...

BRING SPARES OF EVERYTHING!!!

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

20 (edited by Jer 2009-10-21 06:13 AM)

ronman wrote:

I'll have a 40" HDTV and an HD antenna set up at Police Brutality's paddock space. According to antennaweb, CMP is some 28.8 miles from WLTX-TV's transmitter, so picking up the HD OTA signal (at channel 19.1) should be no trouble at all.

And I will find you, especially if my team makes it.  {it won't}.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Riktor wrote:

That June race at Eagles is gonna be KILLER on iron blocked and otherwise crappy cars...

You must've missed the race at CMP in September... I think fully half the field had headgasket-related problems. The first day of racing was 98* and humid.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

A race in Iowa baby Iowa.

Doesn't get much more central than that.

Cheers
Boomer
#31 Team Polska Kielbasa
Nissan 300ZX RST BKT

ronman wrote:
Riktor wrote:

You must've missed the race at CMP in September... I think fully half the field had headgasket-related problems. The first day of racing was 98* and humid.

I did but 100+ @ 90%+ humidity is gonna kill some stuffs...

We need to find some aluminum heads before those races...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

24 (edited by soldmystang 2009-10-22 07:59 PM)

the Super Bowl generally doesn't start before 6PM you dumbasses.  My ass will be at Chili's in Camden by then. smile

Saints by 3.

ohhhh snarky Blue Laws.... check that.  no alcohol served in Camden on Sundays.  I'll get back to ya'll on this.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:

the Super Bowl generally doesn't start before 6PM you dumbasses.

A bit harsh don't you think dickhead?

Sons of STIG