Topic: So... Summit point?

Do we know which track and/or configuration we are going to be running there? 

I can hope for the Summit Point configuration but that has a half mile straight on it...  So I imagine that we are going to ruin...  er... run the Jefferson Circuit.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Re: So... Summit point?

I was curious about this actually. and half-mile straight? I think very few of us may actually get over 110(probably a random honda or two and the police interceptors) but I would expect some chicanery non-sense for that. I'd put in a big one about 1,000ft down, should allow the faster cars past without asshattery and low dive-bomber count, then they could have a 1500-1600ft run to the corner which would be more in tune with the long straights we've been seeing at other venues.

any hopes to try out the Shenandoah Circuit they talk about on the site?

Serj wrote:

I was curious about this actually. and half-mile straight? I think very few of us may actually get over 110(probably a random honda or two and the police interceptors) but I would expect some chicanery non-sense for that. I'd put in a big one about 1,000ft down, should allow the faster cars past without asshattery and low dive-bomber count, then they could have a 1500-1600ft run to the corner which would be more in tune with the long straights we've been seeing at other venues.

Our "Van Halen Camaro" with the 305 V8 in it pegged the needle (110) at Nelson Ledges on the straight between the Carousel and the Kink a few times.

Serj wrote:

If Nelson was deemed "unsafe,"  Shenandoah would be an absolute killer.  Concrete walls and blind rises...   But the bowls would be fun.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Word from NASA folks is we are using a shortened Shenendoah (no jump, carousel or corkscrew). This event is also the same weekend as Hyperfest (book hotels early).

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

A jump AND a corkscrew? Are we still talking about a race-track or a mini-golf course?!

awww, poo. I wanted corkscrew and carousel.

yokel wrote:

A jump AND a corkscrew? Are we still talking about a race-track or a mini-golf course?!

ask nicely and maybe they'll put in a windmill and a clown's mouth to drive through

eljefe17 wrote:
yokel wrote:

ask nicely and maybe they'll put in a windmill and a clown's mouth to drive through

I smell a good penalty in the making.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

Shenandoah Circuit was where I track tested my crap can for Stafford. My mix of cars for the FATT (Friday at the Track) required me to constantly be pointing over my roof and my arm was hurting the next day from all the point bys. It was fun! And the track is 45 minutes from my home! I can't wait!

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

we tested our MR2 on the full course. It was also my first time on that course as a driver. I don't really see issues with running a crap can on it. Yes there are some bits to really watch out for. My street MK2 5SFE 2.2 liter MR2 was hitting 105mph before the breaking point on the front straight. The Lemons race car was doing 113-115 on the straight.
I love that course.

I could see the esses and a few other turns causing some issues with four-offs... smile

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Bill Strong wrote:

... breaking point on the front straight...

Not sure if I should correct your spelling, or if that was actually intended?  smile

yes. Our front right caliper fell off on my last attempt to late brake on that corner. It was a real pucker moment for me as the last time something like that happened was in 1986 with my Corolla GTS at the end of the quarter mile straight at Firebird Raceway outside Phoenix. Concrete walls really suck. A pissed off wife as you are towed into the pits with the right side of the chassis missing really sucked as well, and I had flash backs to that moment of my life, but instead of wife, was the cars owner... which is probably worse

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong