Topic: Stupid shiny Volvo

So while browsing the interwebs for no good reason other than to occupy my left hand while the right shovels frosted mini wheats (bite sized, with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, please) after 13 nighttime hours of stomping out disease and suffering, I come across a fantastic t-shirt that basically proclaims the wearer's love for shiny, silver Volvos. I place a couple in my cart and amble off to bed, figuring I will complete the transaction when I wake up.

Well, it turns out that my browser was closed that morning by a feral child who had to get on to mathgames.com and I couldn't remember where I saw that awesome shirt. So, I google "stupid shiny Volvo" to see who sells it.

Yeah. Turns out, "stupid shiny Volvo" is a quote from some movie called "Twilight" and not a brilliant-in-its-geekish-specificity utterance that I can unashamedly, surreptitiously claim as my own. The problem is, I still like the quote. But I am pretty sure I hate "Twilight"... Never saw it and never will but its omnipresence has convinced me that I am better off staying very far away from the entire franchise.

Can I still wear this shirt?

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Re: Stupid shiny Volvo

URL for the t-shirts?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Browser history?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Yeah. I found it.

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/30234784/st … oduct_feed

Head of Estate

Athens, GA.  Fall 1990.  An argument breaks out:

"Man, 'Stupid Shiny Volvo' is a flat-out STUPID name for a song!"

"Oh, like 'Shiny Happy People' is any fucking better!"

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Brodie: I had to forceably stifle my laugh so as to not wake my wife while reading ^^ just now.

FWIW: it may have been their best-seller (don't know for sure) but Out of Time was not their best work. I know without a doubt that I would have liked "Stupid Shiny Volvo" better than "Shiny Happy People". I mean, these are the same guys who wrote Cuyahoga, for Pete's sake.

Head of Estate

I'm a fan of Everclear m'self.  "Volvo Driving Soccer Mom".

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["