Topic: Oh, by the way...

A friend of mine wants one of our old Lemons for trade for this thing.  If residual value is $1.00 on the retired lemon, that gives me $499.00 to get this thing together.  A Lemons LeMans badged up like a GTO.  It'll more than likely have to get a 340 MOPAR engine.  It's what I have. 

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394889_3658616842957_2101709777_n.jpg

Start jumping out the windows Pontiac purists, it's going to happen.

This space for rent.

Re: Oh, by the way...

Why not an Iron Duke?

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

I'll give you $2 for it.  Katie really wants a GTO of this vintage.  This is about the closest thing to that I could ever afford.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

You could make this into a pretty nice GTO for, oh, about 120% of the cost of buying a pretty nice GTO. I think it needs to be a Lemons car, so that the howls of "$500 CAR MY ASS!" from all-knowing Internet Car Guys can get that much louder.

Pontiac had some pretty awesome Inline-6s that are not so well known. I would drop one of those in. Or, prove you're a real bad-ass and drop in the same V-6 the Delorean used. A Pontiac Purist would have to worship the ground you walked on while spitting on it.

I wouldn't bother badging it up the be a GTO regardless of the intended purpose.

However, making it a cocaine runner or other John Delorean/DMC tribute would be the best thing ever.

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

Dress it up like the "real" Pontiac LeMans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_LeMans

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

Maybe you could make it into a Challenger?

No one would know.  smile

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

GTO vs Cessna vs Rolls Royce....

the "$500 CAR MY ASS!!1!" crowd is going to have to invest in duct tape for their heads for the 2013 season.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

psychoboy wrote:

GTO vs Cessna vs Rolls Royce....

the "$500 CAR MY ASS!!1!" crowd is going to have to invest in duct tape for their heads for the 2013 season.

The unveiling of the newest addition to the Team Sensory Assault Arsenal is going to put them into orbit.

Just sayin.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Phil said he wanted a "$500 CAR MY ASS!!!1"(Yes, I remembered to include the 1) theme...here's a car as good as any for that.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

As I recall Judge Phil once had one of these...

In fact, this one caught on a local freeway could possibly BE his... allegedly.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/603608_4759432188284_1467013629_n.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

12 (edited by NSF 2013-01-15 03:25 PM)

My team has threatened me w/ death if I trade the Barracuda for this heap.  My justification is the go fast parts for a 65 Mopar are like hens-teeth.  The deal hinges on the boys not crashing it in the next race  So I have to come up with another idea to get it.  I may go with "it'll  be better than just sitting rusting away".

This space for rent.

Is easier to ask forgivness than permission

12. Gingerman , Heroic Fix award
10/12 Autobahn, 51st overall.
Team Apocalyptic Racing
1978 Ecotec Celica.

Go Bob Go!

carry on.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!