Topic: attn: Tinyvette

Wanted: Opel GT. Will swap for Genesis Pinball Machine.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3568220942.html

Had a chuckle when I came across this. I hope your engine rebuild is going well, if not, here's an exit opportunity.

See you at Pointless.

Auto Lemon Union www.facebook.com/autolemonunion     
'11 - Point, Sweat, Skank; '12 - Point, Sweat, Vodden, Freeze, '13 Point (+even), Turrible, Vodden, Freeze, '14 Problem, Point, Turrible, Vodden, Freeze, '15 Point, Lemonites, Freeze.

Re: attn: Tinyvette

Interesting idea for a trade. I guess having an old pinball machine around is about up there with having an old Opel around.

There was a guy in So Cal selling 10 GTs at not very Lemony prices. He wanted $10k for the whole herd. I drafted a plan to get all 10 and bring them to a Lemons race. Only three glitches, $110,000 to build and race all 10 (includes spares, radios, supplies, a year of garage space rent, etc.) plus the Tinyvette, finding 40 drivers, and getting Jay to let me bump 10 of you guys from a west coast race so I can bring 10 GTs. Pitting and fueling 11 cars every 90 minutes of so would have been interesting, too.

If this looks like it might happen I'll let you know so you can hurry and buy stock in Rustoleum.

The original motor (25 years in an orchard, 1 year in Lemons) is getting built as a spare and for practice building motors. The crank had minor problems causing low oil pressure and rings on 3 or 4 cylinders were broken. Plus there was a sticky valve. Otherwise, not much to do. The 2.0 motor just had a piston with a hole in it. So, other than replacing the piston, that will be straight-forward and cheap, except gasket sets and head gaskets are not cheap.

I'd put out professional hits on 10 teams to see 11 TinyVettes on track.

Just say the word. I bet we could even get Phil to do the dirty work for a nice box of obscure east German automotive badges.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

I'm in for driving/crewing for the GT horde.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

The key is not to run all 10 at once.  Paint them up identicle so that instead of pit stops and driver swaps, one tiny vette comes in you just swap the transponder real out with a different car that was already fueled with a different driver in it.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

We thought about that. Near-0 second pit stops. Of course we could just put the transponder on the MTGT, or maybe Balto would be the better bet this time.

It also made me wonder if the judges would let us run a backup car, in case the first car blew up. Get both tech'ed then swap transponders if this happens, and keep racing.