Topic: No more oil on your driveway!

I wonder what else one could do with this technology...

Ultra-Ever Dry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE

Re: No more oil on your driveway!

Neat stuff!  Clear coat for cars?  Undercoating for frame parts?  Anit-grafitti coating for buildings?

Undercoating for protection against Bonneville salt? I may need to try it. ($140/gallon for top and bottom coats)

1) It does not use nanotechnology - people keep using that word, but I don't think it means what they think it means

2) how can they claim it is superior at coating stuff, and yet nothing sticks to it? - they are blowing my mind!

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

They should coat all race tracks with it.  Just imagine the tracks never having water or oil on them!

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Parkwod60 wrote:

1) It does not use nanotechnology - people keep using that word, but I don't think it means what they think it means

2) how can they claim it is superior at coating stuff, and yet nothing sticks to it? - they are blowing my mind!

HAH!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30353297.jpg

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

If nothing sticks to teflon.....how do they get it to stick to the pan?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea … to-the-pan

so now you know.

best comment on the video:
Of all the applications, never having to lift up the seat ever again seems the most appropriate.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

racinrob wrote:

They should coat all race tracks with it.  Just imagine the tracks never having water or oil on them!

.......... or cars.

This space for rent.

"Nano" is the new "Hybrid".  Or possibly the new "Epic".  I'm not sure.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Finally, I can wear my suede pimp suit out in the rain!

Clever stuff. They're more oriented towards industrial applications (and priced as such), but consumer products at a consumer price point would be hugely useful. I could see something like this being acquired by a bigger company and perfected/diversified (ready driveway epoxy, mortar seal, windshields, kitchen products, etc.)

Assistant Tape Unroller - Team OK-Speed

Way cool

'00 Volvo XC - DD
'11 Volvo XC90 V8 - Wife's, V8 go Vroom
'12 Mazda5 - Work Thingy
'05 E450 Ambulance - Work Thingy