26 (edited by firegremlin 2013-01-17 03:37 PM)

Re: Searching for a New Home/ Race HQ in Maryland

Ok, if both you and Speedy are gonna live up in the ass, I'm buying a plane, cause all this driving is a pain in the ass already. Those 2.5 acres better have a 200 ft level strip with unobstructed path back and forth.

+1 on a cob home.

K Car Stalker

Racin_G73 wrote:

I still think he could probably move onto Speedycop's back 40 and not be discovered for months.

What year did you graduate, racinrob?

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Ahh, I was 11 years behind you.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Depending on where you end up, your commute would probably be close to an hour or more, but you could even look into southern Franklin county.  The real estate prices should be lower, and it is a fairly rural county.  I-70 goes from Hagerstown right to the beltway.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Have you considered separating your home and hoon lives? I have a nice little house in a nice little suburb that would not permit my 8-10 cars/buses/vans in various stages of repair/decay. About 14 miles away I bought a cheap commercial/industrial property with a big fence around it where I can store and wrench on crapboxes to my heart's content. I'm renting out part of it for enough money to pay for the whole thing, so it's basically free.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I thought about it, but I enjoy living amongst 20-odd cars.  And my wife wants land to farm on and raise chickens.  I'd be annoyed if I had to drive to get to my garage, plus, if/when we decide to have kids, time at the garage would be time away from home.  It's a valid idea, and I could see how it might work- but I don't think it's for us.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

That must be nice, my wife views my race cars as the other women in my life. Having a few miles between them and her actually makes our house a more peaceful place.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

So...Woodbine made the final cut?

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Woodbine was on the list.  Haven't had an offer accepted yet.  There's more houses coming on the market, we're trying to be patient.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

Here's our South Carolina home, up for sale.  If anyone here has any interest...should this go under "Items for Sale"? 

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom … 7593-70304

That gives me an idea for the Lemons Forums- how about a real estate section for properties uniquely set up for LeMonny purposes?  Lots of land, oversized garages, private, etc?

Mike, that's quite a respectable property.  I thought you and Katie lived in a tent in the woods and invested in giant garage space.

Side note: promise us you're recovering that living room set.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

We were planning on donating the love seats.  Katie's had them since college, and they were second-hand to her then- thrift store finds, as college student furniture tends to be.  They've been "well loved", which is about the most optimistic turn of phrase I can think of to describe them.

fiasco wrote:
firegremlin wrote:

Mt Airy. Has a junkyard nearby! wink

A BIG junkyard, but it's not a pick-n-pull. The guys will take you out in the yard in sketchy old trucks, so it's still OK.

CORRECTION!!   Mt.s Airy's "Crazy Ray's" pick-n-pull is pretty large and is indeed Pick-n-Pull.   Heck you can even see the vast array of cars by zooming in using Google Earth satellite images ;-)

(I'm in Mt. Airy)

Gormless Racing
1968 MGB GT, mostly kinda running

Beautiful place, Mike.  I've always had a thing for exposed beams and in particular pole homes...

Ever since I saw one built down in Jacksonville, FL by a former military chaplain who had fallen in love with the style while touring SE Asia.

Here it was back in 1999.

http://www.racing73.com/misc_debris/lj/asa_dachi/Summer%201999/Scan10028.JPG

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing