Topic: The Final Big Apple to Big Easy rally, dates released

Announced today, this is the LAST BABE rally, ever. Street Safari (parent company) will not be doing any U.S. events after this. So if you keep saying to yourself "someday" this is your last someday.

With that in mind the dates for this years rally have been announced and they are 12-17th May.  12th is just a registration day so if a team is coming from Louden Annoying let me know and I'll get the organizers to cut you some slack as long as you can make the start Monday morning.

For those not familiar with the event it's a 5 day rolling scavenger hunt from NY to New Orleans (Start location may be adjusted due to hurricane damage in the northeast this year) in $500 cars.

Route this year is actually starting in Harrisonburg VA for odd reasons which mostly involve driving through NJ sucks.

It is amazingly silly fun.

More info at www.baberally.com

There will be a special announcement on the rally for those who participate that many of you may be interested in wink

So take your Lemon on a road trip....if you think you can handle it.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Re: The Final Big Apple to Big Easy rally, dates released

I really wish i could do this. But i just can't make it happen this year (or now ever).

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

i sooooo want to do this.

if mental were stateside, i'd be all over it. but since he's not, and i'm not likely to talk the GF into it.....

i'm bummed. i really am.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

psychoboy wrote:

i sooooo want to do this.

if mental were stateside, i'd be all over it. but since he's not, and i'm not likely to talk the GF into it.....

i'm bummed. i really am.

There seems to be more than one person looking to put together a team...hop over to the message boards and express interest.  You might be able to hook up with a team on the east coast and do a fly and drive.

And tell the GF there are girls on the event too, and they seem to have fun.  Heck we've had quite a few all girl teams.  At least one this year that I know of.

OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

dammit

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

dammit

Same. Can't do it this year. Really wanted to someday. Why???

This years spec bonus was just announced.  The Spec class is for extra points, in past years there has been a spec Tempo class and spec Stationwagon.  This year they decided on a spec theme for the bonus.

Ok babes, spec theme this year is rally cars!

What we are looking for are identifiable themes of famous rally cars. We will accept racing themes as long as they are famous, and not NASCAR famous.

We are looking for authenticity and accuracy. Ideally we'd actually like you to put some effort into the theme as well tongue

We are NOT looking for your interpretation of a design.

There are off road sections of the BABE8 route.

I'm especially excited by that last bit about the offroad sections smile

WOW.  Maybe I should finally get my 242GT that I keep wanting.  There were some awesome rally 242GTs.

I have a friend really wanting to do BABE this year.  I am thinking about it but it's a tough one.  I'll decide fast!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

dculberson wrote:

WOW.  Maybe I should finally get my 242GT that I keep wanting.  There were some awesome rally 242GTs.

I have a friend really wanting to do BABE this year.  I am thinking about it but it's a tough one.  I'll decide fast!

You must Dave.  Justin was just saying how he really wanted to see the return of some of the old teams.

Registration opened today, for a limited time it is $250 instead of the normal $300

BABE8 Signup is now open! Entry fee is $250 for a limited time now. This is the FINAL BABE Rally. There will be no more BABE Rallies, or even rallies by StreetSafari in the US after this one. This is it folks, if you've been putting it off, now is the time.

http://www.streetsafari.com/streetsafar … ally-2013/

JThw8 wrote:

Route this year is actually starting in Harrisonburg VA for odd reasons which mostly involve driving through NJ sucks.

That's 20 mins away! I won't be able to make the race, but I'll come watch the start.

ross2004 wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

That's 20 mins away! I won't be able to make the race, but I'll come watch the start.

Drop by Sunday night if you can, most of the teams will be getting in and having our traditional tailgate party out in the lot.

JThw8 wrote:
ross2004 wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

Drop by Sunday night if you can, most of the teams will be getting in and having our traditional tailgate party out in the lot.

Ignore the previous post about not doing the rally.....the more I think about it the more I want in.

ross2004 wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
ross2004 wrote:

Ignore the previous post about not doing the rally.....the more I think about it the more I want in.

And thus another addiction is born wink