Topic: Server Time Nerdism

Okay, what's up with the time on Forum posts.

I understand we are in different time zones but the times are off by like an hour and a half.

My current time is 9:04 Central.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Re: Server Time Nerdism

Okay, my post travels 1 hours and 41 minutes into the future.

Not to mention Lemons HQ is in California where it is currently 7:09.

It's like we are on Eastern and 2/3's time.

If I get message from Jay, it travels back in time.  Like sending him a message at say 12 noon.  A while later you get a response stamped at like 6:00 AM.  He answered your question before you asked it.  Them's is some strange psychic powers.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

That happens on my server when the NTP daemon dies...NTP syncs local time to a network time server, and if it crashes the time tends to wander.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

Mine has always been off by one hour, so I picked a different local time zone to make it read right. 

While we are on weird forum stuff, am I the only one who always gets only half of the pictures?  The right hand side gets cut off any time a picture is posted.  If I hit refresh, the picture will display smaller and I see the whole thing.  The forum never uses the right 1/3 of my screen though.  It's all crammed on the left.  I get the same result no matter what computer or ISP I use.  The header at the top of the screen goes all the way across, but the posts only use 2/3 of the space.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

My pics seem to display alright but I seem to use the left 2/3 - 3/4 of the screen too.

The time on my display being off in the hour department is fine, it's the 41 minute part that I don't understand.

Under my profile, I have -6 CST which I think is Central Standard Time.

Set your localisation options
Timezone: For the forum to display times correctly you must select your local timezone.

So I just don't get it and finally decided to ask what's up.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Are we thinking to hard about things? Or are we just this bored?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Bored...  Waiting for the next race.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Noted....

Here's something for you:

* You are killed in a plane crash and find yourself in front of 2 doors: one leads to heaven and one will lead you to hell for eternity. There is an identical troll at each door. You find instructions posted on the wall behind you. You can ask only one question and you can only direct it to only one of the trolls. One troll will always lie to you -- regardless of your question -- and the other will always tell you the truth. And only the trolls themselves know which one will lie and which one will be truthful. That is all that you are told....

What is the one and only question that will ensure you passage to heaven, and why?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

how fast is an unladen swallow?

Serj wrote:

how fast is an unladen swallow?

what about.... what is your favorite color?

MUAHAHAHAH

correction for you serj (sorry man): WHAT, is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Riktor wrote:

Noted....

* You are killed in a plane crash and find yourself in front of 2 doors: one leads to heaven and one will lead you to hell for eternity. There is an identical troll at each door. You find instructions posted on the wall behind you. You can ask only one question and you can only direct it to only one of the trolls. One troll will always lie to you -- regardless of your question -- and the other will always tell you the truth. And only the trolls themselves know which one will lie and which one will be truthful. That is all that you are told....

What is the one and only question that will ensure you passage to heaven, and why?

To complicate things, there is a third troll that always stabs people who ask tricky questions.

African swallow or European swallow?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

And Troy, I set you up with that awesome Renault project car and this is what you're wasting your time upon? Come on!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry, just hide the Renault under you piles of MR2 parts.   Your wife will never notice.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

15 (edited by JThw8 2009-10-31 06:34 AM)

Riktor wrote:

Noted....

"Which door would the other troll tell me to take?"

Why?
The honest troll knows the other troll would tell you the wrong door so he will tell you the wrong door.
The lying troll knows the other troll will tell you the right door but he lies so he will tell the the wrong door.

Either way you now know the wrong door and you should take the opposite.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

16 (edited by Serj 2009-10-31 11:19 AM)

JThw8 wrote:
Riktor wrote:

Noted....

Why?
The honest troll knows the other troll would tell you the wrong door so he will tell you the wrong door.
The lying troll knows the other troll will tell you the right door but he lies so he will tell the the wrong door.

but if you happen to ask the troll who lies, he has the option of being honest momentarily and tell you the other troll would tell you to take that door(truth).

then, if you asked the honest troll only he may truly believe the lying troll would tell you to take his (the lying troll's door).

lying is all about the intent to deceive, even if sometimes that lie happens to be the truth. If your mindset is expectant of at least one troll will obviously deliver a falsehood, then you will not believe the truth if it is presented to you. even that same question asked twice would not give you an answer.

a better question would be asking one of them something unrelated to the doors that they may have a basic understanding of, like "Is the sky blue?"

The lying troll would tell you that the sky is, in fact blue, without hesitation. The truthful one, if asked may hesitate for a moment before delivering an answer, but ultimately point out that it's a product of how the light shines through the sky that determines the color. (red sky, black sky at night, the Northern Lights, etc)

I watch too much "Lie to Me" nowadays...

Serj wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Riktor wrote:

Noted....

Why?

but if you happen to ask the troll who lies, he has the option of being honest momentarily and tell you the other troll would tell you to take that door(truth).

then, if you asked the honest troll only he may truly believe the lying troll would tell you to take his (the lying troll's door).

lying is all about the intent to deceive, even if sometimes that lie happens to be the truth. If your mindset is expectant of at least one troll will obviously deliver a falsehood, then you will not believe the truth if it is presented to you. even that same question asked twice would not give you an answer.

a better question would be asking one of them something unrelated to the doors that they may have a basic understanding of, like "Is the sky blue?"

The lying troll would tell you that the sky is, in fact blue, without hesitation. The truthful one, if asked may hesitate for a moment before delivering an answer, but ultimately point out that it's a product of how the light shines through the sky that determines the color. (red sky, black sky at night, the Northern Lights, etc)

I watch too much "Lie to Me" nowadays...

The other troll ALWAYS lies... he can't tell the truth...

Sons of STIG