Topic: I was a top ten finalist and didn't get picked

So Tuesday I received this;

Congratulations!  From your entry into the PEAK Motor Oil & Antifreeze / 24 Hours of Lemons sweepstakes at PEAKLemons.com, your name has been pulled as one of 10 finalists — and one Grand Prize winner (and guest) will join us to race in the PEAK Mustang, with Ricky Johnson, at the April 19-21 Lemons race in South Haven, MI.

Then just now I received this;

PEAK Lemons Finalists,

I just wanted to let all of you know that, as of this afternoon, the Grand Prize Winner of the PEAK Lemons Spring sweepstakes has been notified, and has formally accepted the prize.

After talking with each of you, we had many great candidates — and it was a very difficult decision.  Thanks so much for your interest, your entry, your consideration, and for taking the time to speak with me on the phone this week.

Look to PEAK's Facebook page for updates over the next week, as we make final preparations for the GingerMan race.   And look for more info later in the year, as we run subsequent PEAK sweepstakes for chances to race at Lemons events in Chicago (June) and California (November).   

And I didn't accept an award - this is the closest thing I have had an opportunity to win - including a Lemons race.

Congratulations to the winner I hope you have fun.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Re: I was a top ten finalist and didn't get picked

That's funny, I was just looking around to see if they'd picked a winner yet; sorry it wasn't you, but you made it farther than I did!

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

And the winner spent most of the weekend repairing the car while the celeb's warmed themselves in the trailer...

At least he got the I Got Screwed trophy!

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

OnkelUdo wrote:

And the winner spent most of the weekend repairing the car while the celeb's warmed themselves in the trailer...

I would have done the same. An individual winning the I got screwed award was epic.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan