Topic: Top 123 Lemons of the Yeehaw It's Texas 200 Lemons!

You know the deal: an action photo of every car in the race, in order of laps completed and with awards, BS laps, and best lap time for each entry. It's all right here.

As always, I'll get the original, uncropped hi-res photos of any Lemons machine at the race, to any team requesting them. Just email me.

Re: Top 123 Lemons of the Yeehaw It's Texas 200 Lemons!

2000 penalty laps?  WTF did those guys try to pull?

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

3 (edited by kalpol 2009-10-31 05:47 PM)

craznoe wrote:

2000 penalty laps?  WTF did those guys try to pull?

They were in the paddock next to us.  It was a tuning class with a super-awesome-turbocharged Merkur they just wanted to try out, as far as I understood. They knew they were cheatin and took their lumps with glee, but the Merkur, while it sounded awesome with the wastegate blowing off on the front straight, didn't hold up too well with transmission woes.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/earthwormjim/groovy.png

Had the merkur guys done a T5 conversion and ditch that T9 POS tranny they would've gone the distance...

No one seems to be mentioning two things:

1) The tuning class was Hennessey Tuning, and they had some "just sitting around on the shelf" stuff, like an intercooler one might attach to a twin-turbo 8.3-liter V10.

2) They whined like little women about their laps. There was no glee whatsoever

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

2) They whined like little women about their laps. There was no glee whatsoever

This statement made me laugh.......LOL

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic

Doesn't anyone want the photos of their car in action? Usually I have a couple dozen requests by now.

They probably got their own...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

MurileeMartin wrote:

Doesn't anyone want the photos of their car in action? Usually I have a couple dozen requests by now.

Email sent. Thanks in advance.

Zachreligious wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Email sent. Thanks in advance.

What if the pics are horrible?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Our vehicle failed to turn a complete lap so I am guessing th`at there are not too many pictures of the truck when it was on track(and moving).

Team Apex Vinyl: 1977 Toyota Truck
Gator-O-Rama 2009 Dangerous Banned Technology
Yee-Haw 2011 Index Of Effluency
Gator-O-Rama 2012 I Got Screwed

13 (edited by shrimpandboots 2009-11-03 08:27 AM)

Looks like our Piranha car that finished 23rd was definately in a right hand turn with the wheel turned to the left. I am sure the results after the pic were not good. Thanks again to all those in Houston and to the Lemons crew for a great time.