Topic: Podcasts recommendations?

Anybody have some recommendations? Trying to find some worth listening while I slave away in my cubicle.

What I subscribe to now:

WTF with Marc Maron
StarTalk with Neil Degrasse Tyson
Radio Le Mans
Hooniverse (meh...)
Some NPR stuff
Some baseball stuff

But I'll listen to anything interesting (i.e. not full of crazy politico ranting, left or right).

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Podcasts recommendations?

Adam Carolla.  It kicks ass and he is a car guy too boot.

Lou Glutz Motorsports:  Vodden 2012 DNF, Pointless 2013 DNF, Vodden 2013 DNF, ArseFreeze 2013 P-53, Pointless 2014 P-65, Vodden 2014 P-85, Arse-Freeze 2014 P-31 Class A, Pointless 2015 P-105 (brakes) Class A, Vodden 2015 P-75 (Electrical), ArseFreeze 2015 P-41, Pointless 2016 P-53, ArseFreeze P-29

Gweek from Boing Boing?

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Taking my cue from "StarTalk" and "some NPR stuff" that there might be some science geeky tendencies at play here, check out Radiolab, NPR's science show.

Dave -- member emeritus, Vermont Bert One --

5 (edited by stimpyvan 2013-05-14 12:51 PM)

+1  for RadioLab (one of the best produced podcasts I've heard with a huge backlog of episodes)

Skeptoid (skeptical science with 15 minute episodes that typically deal with ufo sightings, urban legends, etc.)

Skeptics Guide to the Universe (90 minute(!) episodes about science, usually with guests - NdT and Phil Plaitt are often on)

Freakonomics Radio (if you've read the book or seen the movie, you know what to expect)

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

Some NPR recommendations:

This American Life
The Moth
Wait Wait, don't tell me

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

Some NPR recommendations:

This American Life
The Moth
Wait Wait, don't tell me

Ha! Those are actually the three I glossed over by saying "Some NPR Stuff."

My sister was actually on The Moth last year, which is why I started listening to it.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

+100 for WNYC Radiolab
+1 Freakonomics
+1 Adam Carolla CarCast
Stuff You Should Know (SYSK)
NPR Car Talk

Speedy Monzales
- Organizers' Choice Dec 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas
- IOE May 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
woo hoo

CarCast kind of sucks. I like Carolla, but it just didn't keep my interest at all. To each his own.

If you like Maron, check out Sklarbro Country. He was just on there on Tuesday. Actually, their Tuesday show is called Sklarbro County, where they usually riff on stories from police reports (and talk to guests), whereas the main Thursday show is more about comedy and sports (and also always has guests). I'd recommend going back and listening to some of their past episodes, too. Two of my recent favorites are when they had Adam Carolla on (that show went for like 2 hours) and when they had Jon Dore on around Christmas. Seriously, listen to the Jon Dore episode, so I can have someone to talk to about how Brandon's gettin' so big. You'll see what I mean.

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

10 (edited by Mike98036 2013-05-17 09:36 AM)

+1 for RadioLab
+1 for Adam Carolla, either The Adam Carolla Show, Carcast, or Ace on the House (but as time goes on, they've all kinda just turned into him complaining about passion fruit-flavored tea, LAPD, taxes, and Hollywood...)

Some others I enjoy:
Doug Loves Movies - Comedy and movie trivia, hosted by comedian Doug Benson
Here's The Thing - Interview podcast hosted by Alec Baldwin
The Men's Room - Local rock station afternoon radio show; pretty funny.  The podcast is nice because they cut out all the commercials.

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad