Topic: Friday Night

It's Friday night. I've had a handful of rye Manhattans, and am now sharing a glass of Tawny Port with Katie, listening to the big band program on the local radio station.  I hate facebook, and the Drivers Lounge was supposed to be our little refuge from the Face.  So, who's up? Who's enjoying an adult beverage, the company of another adult, and some adult music on the radio?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Re: Friday Night

ME ME ME!   

Fucka Buncha Facebooka

Luddittes Unite!

Have my chick here, having some coctails (Lone Star and Michelob), but I think we are gonna watch some Netflix or something

Tomorrow we are gonna go to a barbecue, check out race cars, and shoot guns!

Life is good.  smile

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

SWA flight attendant serving cold ones!

This space for rent.

American Airlines hostess not serving crap. But after a delayed flight out of Shanghai and missing my connection I'm happy to be heading home.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Saturday was even better.  Worked in the garage all afternnon.  Went to a huge cruise in the evening and had the only Volvo there.  Had to be talked out of buying a '47 Dodge and a rusty '68 Buick convertible.  The aroma of burnt race gas was omnipresent.  Then went out for seafood, beers, and kareokee.  Katie professed her love of The Doors and The Band.

Fucka Buncha Facebooka, indeed.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Friday grilled out with friends and had beer.
Saturday pulled a motor from the junkyard for my next project car.
Sunday worked on cleaning the garage from the last big project.
Monday worked on buttoning up a few things on the last project.  Then grilled out and had some beer with friends.
This morning I got plates on the project and drove it to work.  Even washed it in the touchless car wash.

Good weekend.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Date night: Art Museum, funky pizza place, local speed shop.

But the sun's out, there's a nice breeze off the bay and Patricia made some kick ass rhubarb salsa.

So it might be: the front porch, a bag of chips, a bottle of Malbec and the blues in the background.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

It's national Bourbon day, and it's Friday!

Gonna head down to the local speakeasy and try something I haven't tried before.  And I'm not talking about a rusty trombone...

At summit for the race.  Everythings good.  We have abunch of family here.  Margaritas are flowing.  Good times.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

Just got the gas tank loose in the RX-7 I'm scrapping. Smell like varnish, slightly sweaty, got a dozen mosquito bites, and my daughter's hogging Netflix. Probably going to pour myself a whiskey and whatever in a few minutes and just keep on surfin' the web.

Does it still count if you're just having an adult beverage?