1 (edited by mechimike 2013-06-23 07:56 AM)

Topic: Illiterate Honda Trash

Just got a phone call for some parts I had listed on Craigslist...clearly identified as VOLVO B18/ B20 engine parts. 

"Hi, I'm calling about the Honda parts you have for sale."

huh?

"Yeah, you know, the B18 parts?"

Oh, yeah...those are Volvo engines.  In the 1960's Volvo made a "B" series of engines.

"Oh...well that's confusing.  I guess I just clicked on your ad and called the number."

*click*

*sigh* 

Not as bad as the responses I got to the ad for Cougar parts, though...

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Re: Illiterate Honda Trash

Interestingly I've never had anyone call me looking for Volvo B18 parts...

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

That's because, apparently, no one is looking for Volvo B18 parts.

I should have played along and waited to see how long it would take him to identify my volvo stuff as _not_ Honda B-motor parts.  But then I would have had to have some knuckle-draggin' F&F type wandering my property, and I'm prtty sure Katie would shoot him on sight.  Then I'd have to dispose of the body, which is a MAJOR hassle without a backhoe...

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:

Then I'd have to dispose of the body, which is a MAJOR hassle without a backhoe...

the backhoe rental would be justified if you made the hole big enough to bury the volvo parts too...

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

mechimike wrote:

That's because, apparently, no one is looking for Volvo B18 parts.

Pretty much...why get a B18 when you can have a B20?  On top of having more power, parts are more available (including performance parts) and I even think there are a couple of guys left who remember how to make hot rod B20's...they may have to do it by braille from their wheel chair but atl least they will remember when European cars had push rods.