Topic: Important question for The Judges re: saturday night (Thunderhill)

Very important question for Saturday night - especially for The Judges and Perpetrators:  Kansas City, Memphis, Mississippi?  I am of course referring to BBQ.  You see, starting some time friday night, the cannonball bandits will begin employing heat smoke and patience to convert vast quantities of boston butt into proof-that-a-great-God-exists (aka pulled pork).   

Given that I don't have a strong preference for sauce (there's a lot of pig out there, who am I to say how it must be sauced or topped?), and that us Californians eschew food based regional rivalries, I thought I'd throw the question out to the people that really matter...

pig out,

D

Re: Important question for The Judges re: saturday night (Thunderhill)

mmm, dry rub.... too bad I'm so far away.

Google wrote:

Driving directions to Thunderhill Raceway Park
2,992 mi – about 1 day 22 hours

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

3 (edited by Serj 2009-11-06 10:49 AM)

i actually did a dry rub on the meat, let it really sink in for almost an hour, then sauced it while on the grill. took damn near forever as my current grill SUCKS at holding in heat, however, it was probably the best damn ribs I've ever had.

ronman, I'm not too much closer either else I'd love to go, lol

2,413 - 1 day 13 hours

taking forever actually probably helped.  That breaks down the meat so it just falls off the bone.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Do all three!

What my team lacks in driving talent, we more than make for with BBQ prowess...

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

MurileeMartin wrote:

Do all three!

The Judge has spoken, and thus shall it be done.  Now, where's my cider vinegar at?

craznoe wrote:

What my team lacks in driving talent, we more than make for with BBQ prowess...

Hey, I resemble that remark!  Wait, does that imply the the better I can cook the worse I can drive?  Oh crap....

I'm skeptical that California teams can feed us as well as the racers in Louisiana, Texas, and South Carolina, but don't let that stop you!

Of course, we set our standards for beer and wine much, much higher for California teams, so no goddamn Natural Light or Boone's Farm.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I'm skeptical that California teams can feed us as well as the racers in Louisiana, Texas, and South Carolina, but don't let that stop you!

Of course, we set our standards for beer and wine much, much higher for California teams, so no goddamn Natural Light or Boone's Farm.

Newcastle, Bass and Sam Adams are a bunch of crap, too.

In fact, the standard bribe should be a case of Racer 5

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

ronman wrote:

mmm, dry rub.... too bad I'm so far away.

Google wrote:

Driving directions to Thunderhill Raceway Park
2,992 mi – about 1 day 22 hours

If you make a pit stop in Houston, I'll hop in and run with ya!

Judge Jonny wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Newcastle, Bass and Sam Adams are a bunch of crap, too.

In fact, the standard bribe should be a case of Racer 5

How about we stick with our cannonball red ale for the bribe and I use racer 5 in the chili?

I'll drink Bass, if only because the Bass logo is the oldest trademark in the world. But this is California. You can do better.

Also, pulled pork should be made with wild boar meat, preferably from a boar you killed yourself. With a spear.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I'll drink Bass, if only because the Bass logo is the oldest trademark in the world. But this is California. You can do better.

Also, pulled pork should be made with wild boar meat, preferably from a boar you killed yourself. With a spear.

bare hands ok?  I find strangled meat to be a little more tender.

drogers wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

bare hands ok?  I find strangled meat to be a little more tender.

You can whisper sweet nothings in the boars ears as your strangle it so you can be tender while you tenderize.  Yo dawg I hear you like tender meat so I......

Related Q: Kegs allowed in the paddock? A massive tank of Sierra Nevada would certainly be the most economical and...dare I say: Green option.