Topic: Frankenmiata ghettocharging in excruciating detail

More than you ever wanted to know:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ … eMons.aspx

-Dave

Re: Frankenmiata ghettocharging in excruciating detail

Dick!

I was just about to post about this...

Hi Dave. Nice work. Also... I'm very upset you thought of gank-a-part before I did...

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Brilliant.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Yes.... everyone should do this to any engine under 5.0 liters...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Dick!

I was just about to post about this...

Hi Dave. Nice work. Also... I'm very upset you thought of gank-a-part before I did...

You were gonna post about what? The story? (if so, I'm impressed you spotted it so fast.)

I'm proud to hear I beat you to the gank-a-part. You're a tough one to beat to a new word...

Has anyone had problems finding their way down the long trail of hyperlinks to get to the actual stories? Two of my own teammates were too dimwitted to get to the story and just thought I had just summed up the freebuild and the turbo in one paragraph each.

I'm thinking I need to redesign the Frankenmiata geek hub to make it more obvious...

-Dave

Eyesoreracing wrote:

Two of my own teammates were too dimwitted to get to the story and just thought I had just summed up the freebuild and the turbo in one paragraph each.

You have to tell me who so that I can congratulate them on their interwebs skeelz.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Yeah, I was going to post on the ghetto hub...

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Nice write-up. Wish I could enlarge the pictures, tho... some are a bit wtf due to size and compression noise.

unknownroad wrote:

Nice write-up. Wish I could enlarge the pictures, tho... some are a bit wtf due to size and compression noise.

Sorry the site doesn't have the technology to blow up pictures yet. That's on the list of things to get around to.

Meanwhile, if you right-click on a picture and pick "open in new window" or whatever equivalent your browser has ("view image" in Firefox on a mac) it will open a slightly larger version (600 pix wide).

-Dave

10 (edited by Eyesoreracing 2009-11-11 10:49 PM)

I'm gonna guess this was the picture you were WTFing

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Project-Cars/Frankenmiata/up-pipe/692266721_hVrYd-M.jpg

its not compression noise, its a blurry photo...