Topic: RIP Speed channel

Well it's happening today at 8 PM the end of Speed channel. I know it was becoming the all NASCAR channel mixed in with a little pimp my ride, but I liked it.  Can't believe I have to watch soccer mixed in with my racing. 

Maybe I will get more done and not watch as much TV.

Team Sheen Integra and Mirada.
Every Gingerman & Autobahn since 7-2011

Re: RIP Speed channel

Holy shit.  Time to go to velocity.

Ex-USAF civilian, still a wench

Sat down to watch the Saturday wrench-turning/dirt-biking/sportscar-racing medley. Got NFL.

Left dissatisfied, cancelled cable sub.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

If you read anything on Speed's site from their beat reporters, a few (namely Marshall Pruett and John Dagys) have taken their talent to Racer.com/Racer Magazine.

Small consolation, I know.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

There was never any real racing on speed. Maybe if they had Lemons live they would have failed more epicly?

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Speed's been a hollow corpse of its former self for a while now, but it's still sad to see it go.

Bring back Speedvision!!

slideways27 wrote:

Bring back Speedvision!!

For F%&cking real.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Grand-Am.com has all the Rolex and Continental races; albiet a few days behind.

worldchallenge.com has all the world challenge races.

NBC Sports has F1 and Indycar

ESPN/ABC carries all the NASCAR Road Racing & ALMS Action.

I cancelled my subscription last year when F1 left and I haven't missed it. Sad that it's the end of an Era, but it really wasn't a relevant chanel anymore.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Fishah wrote:

Grand-Am.com has all the Rolex and Continental races; albiet a few days behind.

worldchallenge.com has all the world challenge races.

NBC Sports has F1 and Indycar

ESPN/ABC carries all the NASCAR Road Racing & ALMS Action.

I cancelled my subscription last year when F1 left and I haven't missed it. Sad that it's the end of an Era, but it really wasn't a relevant chanel anymore.

Internet broadcast is really the future of racing, because I don't see USCR/IndyCar growing much in the future. I've followed racing via the Web for a few years and almost every series (except F1) has, in the past year, populated a YouTube channel with broadcasts in full (sometimes in a couple parts). AFAIK, that includes:

Grand-Am/Conti Challenge
World Challenge
IndyCar
ALMS
V8 Supercars
BTCC
WTCC

Some of the feeder series like Indy Lites, F2, and Cooper Lites have channels, too, if you can't get enough.

Go-Racing TV has some quality oddball stuff, like Britcar, Ford Fiesta Cup (UK), Formula Ford, and my personal favorite, the Smart 4Two Cup. In reality, if Lemons ever was broadcast or webcast, Go-Racing might be a decent home for it.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/133/444/133444801_640.jpg

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

In reality, if Lemons ever was broadcast or webcast, Go-Racing might be a decent home for it.

Can't imagine how many more teams will participate in Lemons if it were to be broadcasted.

tSoG wrote:

There was never any real racing on speed. Maybe if they had Lemons live they would have failed more epicly?

I'd have been glued to the channel every weekend I wasn't at the track...  You'd think with Car And Driver sponsorship we could score some off hours time on some sports network, or at least Comedy Central.

Pucker Factor Racing - Gator-O-Rama, Feb '11, Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas!, Oct '11
Scuderia Ignorante - Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas, Feb '12 (As seen in Car & Driver), Gator-O-Rama, Sept '13

Fox Sports 1 just popped up as a new network (at least new on Verizon FiOS in the NY area), and it seems to have picked up with a lot of the content Speed left behind.  Not exclusively motorsports, but largely motorsports... the inaugural broadcast was a full afternoon of MotoGP from Indy, including the two undercard series.

Scuderia Regurgito  '75 Fiat 131, '93 e36
2010 Stafford: Winner, class ugly  2011 NJMP: Organizer's Choice and violently exploded gearbox
2011 Stafford: Most From the Least, 2012 NJMP: Shockingly issue free, 2012 Loudon: Rod thru block
2012 Hooptiefest: Multiple spun bearings, 2013 Monticello: Head gaskets, 2013 Loudon: More head gaskets, 2013 NJMP, 2013 Hooptiefest, 2014 NJMPx2 and Heroic Fix

therood wrote:

Go-Racing TV has some quality oddball stuff, like... ...my personal favorite, the Smart 4Two Cup. In reality, if Lemons ever was broadcast or webcast, Go-Racing might be a decent home for it.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/133/444/133444801_640.jpg

WHOOO-HOOO!!

"Off to teh googles!!"

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

There needs to be some kind of combo Smart ForTwo/Fiat 500 Cup just so we can set a world record for the most cars on their roofs.