Topic: Any Gremlins?

Found one a few hundred miles away for $800 asking price. Hoping it had the v8 but it's a 6 with auto. I'm thinking this crapper would get us in ? But how long would it last? Hmm..

Re: Any Gremlins?

Well back in the day IMSA and SCCA guys would race those v-8 and I-6  not bad I-6 heads don't flow well and don't rev but would last and last. The couple I have seen anyways!!!

3 (edited by gregtivo 2009-11-14 07:29 AM)

jmitch wrote:

Found one a few hundred miles away for $800 asking price. Hoping it had the v8 but it's a 6 with auto. I'm thinking this crapper would get us in ? But how long would it last? Hmm..

The one in Houston lasted 20 laps (after a cross country trip from Wyoming to New York to New Orleans), but we're hoping to rectify that next race with an improved engine head (one not half destroyed).

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2008/12/LTH08-044.jpg

This AMC has been in a few races and has held together pretty well.

Anything to sell off a GREMLIN? HA HA! I bet it would be a challenge to get it to handle..

There was a Gremlin team that ran the original Longest Day events bak in the day when I still had hair on the top of my head.  The car was fairly bulletprooff.

Do it !!

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

http://cache-08.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/10/500x_LTXF09-Top-112.jpg

Gremlins: Drifting before drifting was cool.

Locking Gremlin gas caps are worth as much as the car. Unused space savers and any intact Gremlin-X specific pieces can also fetch $$$, as do optional items like Rally wheels with center caps, Roof racks/wind deflectors, rear windows with unbroken hinges etc.

Gremlins rock...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Of course if you're really crazy an Eagle SX/4 is the way to go... :-)

I'm admitting my love and affection for the Gremlin! My first car accident was when I was six and my dad asked me if I wanted to go off roading, I said yes, got 2 black eyes and an unstoppable need to see what else a car can do that your not suppose to do! If I could get ahold of a Gremlin, I would ditch our Saturd in a heart beat. (just don't tell the boys on me team)