Well not really but he should with his jem of a Datsun B210

Ebay #121177619761
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Dat … 841wt_1026

Triple Nickel Racing/TGTW Offroad   
#20 Border Patrol Cherokee "BPC" 
#22 Pink in the Middle Comanche "Double D"
#24 Green Door Handle Scrapping Corolla

Re: Jesse James to race Lemons

He'd likely be pretty good. I've seen him in a figure 8 car and he can drive okay. Plus you know whatever they build would be a solid platform, and get fixed pretty quick if it did break.

BTW - I think Pope-of-welding is Jesse James personal ebay account

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Having seen some of Mr. James' handiwork up close, I'd say that he'd be well-suited for a typical blow-uppity Lemons MR2 build.

4 (edited by Mulry 2013-09-18 03:48 AM)

Phil, that would be a good topic for the next installment of Judge Phil Investigates in Car & Driver: Why Does the MR2 Suck When it Should Dominate? Relatively light weight, mid engined, everybody says that the 4AGE is a bombproof engine. But every MR2 team I've known buys engines by the bakers' dozen, and in all the Lemons races to date, I think the MR2 has one overall (Gingerman a couple years back) and only a couple class wins, and that's only if you count the FX32 and the MRSimca as MR2's.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

Phil, that would be a good topic for the next installment of Judge Phil Investigates in Car & Driver: Why Does the MR2 Suck When it Should Dominate? Relatively light weight, mid engined, everybody says that the 4AGE is a bombproof engine. But every MR2 team I've known buys engines by the bakers' dozen, and in all the Lemons races to date, I think the MR2 has one overall (Gingerman a couple years back) and only a couple class wins, and that's only if you count the FX32 and the MRSimca as MR2's.

Actually, Eddie Alterman at C/D wants me to write just that sort of piece for the print magazine, though it will cover more than just MR2s. That's why you haven't seen it on the website.

Judge Phil wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Actually, Eddie Alterman at C/D wants me to write just that sort of piece for the print magazine, though it will cover more than just MR2s. That's why you haven't seen it on the website.

Mediocre minds think alike. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

The questions/answers at the bottom crack me up. That's totally Jesse typing the responses.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

i wish ebay would allow for trades.  I would work off the debt.  That would be more fun than just buying the car.

Meh. Who needs Jesse James? We have Speedycop!

chrisbcritter wrote:

Meh. Who needs Jesse James? We have Speedycop!

Aww, shucks.

I'm gonna need some tattoos, stat.

Does this mean Sandra Bullock will finally return my calls?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Does this mean Sandra Bullock will finally return my calls?

Hahahahaha.. No.