Topic: Paddock Spaces? Free-For-All or Assigned?

Rookie question....
Wondering if there would be any advantage in regards to choosing a paddock space if we were to arrive super early tomorrow (as in before the gates open) vs. arriving at say 9:00? I didn't know if it was goin to be a free for all or if someone was going to be directing us to the next open spot like parkin in the grass at an amphitheater concert.

Re: Paddock Spaces? Free-For-All or Assigned?

There will be a line of at least 20 people in the morning.  The spots are unassigned, and people usually rope off a HUGE section for their team.  With 160 cars this year, pit spaces are going to be tight.

It's a clusterf*ck free for all

We're going to have our truck/trailer and car in one spot and the two RV's way far away over behind T10 outside the paddock.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

I'm bringing my KLR this year because I guarantee our pit is going to be about 20 minutes from the pit exit sad

FreeRange wrote:

With 160 cars this year, pit spaces are going to be tight.

Where did you get that number from? The previous years only had about 100-120 as did buttonwillow.

Team Formula BMW
Finishing order: 44th, 44th, 19th, 10th, 5th, 10th, 5th
We will win some day smile

rnr wrote:
FreeRange wrote:

With 160 cars this year, pit spaces are going to be tight.

Where did you get that number from? The previous years only had about 100-120 as did buttonwillow.

It's 156 cars this time. More room for cars when you use the whole track!

As for "roping off huge paddock spaces," paddock pigs will be made to reduce the size of their compounds.

156 cars sounds like alot , but is far less than a typical NASA or SCCA weekend where there is at least 60-70 miatas plus ALL the other cars.....I would say 200+ with monster big rigs too.... it will be fairly full...but not that bad...& yes the good spots will be gone early Friday morning

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

There were rigs in line outside the gate at 11am this morning.....   gates open at 7am Friday, so they've got a long wait

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

the paddock accomodates up to 800 cars, according to their website.  There will be room, but some late-comers may have less-than-desireable pit locations.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."