Re: Which themes have been done to death?

You know what's been done to death? German WWII crap ("oh, this is a German car, better paint some Iron Crosses on the damn thing") and terrible fake German writing. Yes, we get it, it's a German car. Do something original, will ya?

That's not to say German themes can't be good. Speedy's Honda Accordion was pure genius. And I think OMG Racing has a great pun to start with ("Luftwaffle") with a lot more potential than the rather underwhelming camouflage paintjob. I want to see a bi-plane with waffles for wings!

Hella Shitty Racing -- Premium Crapcan Racing since 2010!
- VOTE FORD
- Ferdinand the Bug (2x class C, 1x class B, IoE)
- Ferkel the Nein-11 (Org Choice, class C, Heroic Fix)

philikon wrote:

You know what's been done to death? German WWII crap!

Everyone is dancing around the obvious German WWII themes, and yet there's no dancing, an no obvious WWII Germany!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpYQJkBQp0

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

RichVS wrote:
philikon wrote:

You know what's been done to death? German WWII crap!

Everyone is dancing around the obvious German WWII themes, and yet there's no dancing, an no obvious WWII Germany!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zpYQJkBQp0

A was fully expecting the clip you linked to be this little ditty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo but I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for that!

Have been sitting around at races where Jay was just begging for someone to do this sort of thing.....

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Has anyone done a Dusty Crophopper theme yet?

http://cdn.shopclues.com/images/detailed/2026/dustycrophoppermetalplane_1386343514.jpg

philikon wrote:

You know what's been done to death? German WWII crap ("oh, this is a German car, better paint some Iron Crosses on the damn thing") and terrible fake German writing. Yes, we get it, it's a German car. Do something original, will ya?

That's not to say German themes can't be good. Speedy's Honda Accordion was pure genius. And I think OMG Racing has a great pun to start with ("Luftwaffle") with a lot more potential than the rather underwhelming camouflage paintjob. I want to see a bi-plane with waffles for wings!

we are retiring the Luftwaffle theme just for you. Non-Germanic, still dystopian theme, coming to Sonoma in March!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I'm an absolute noob (don't even have a team), but I'm curious as to how many people--especially in the Miatas and other drop tops have done the Mach 5 from speed racer? That seems like a pretty cool one, but I'd imagine it's been done to death.

Buno wrote:

I'm an absolute noob (don't even have a team), but I'm curious as to how many people--especially in the Miatas and other drop tops have done the Mach 5 from speed racer? That seems like a pretty cool one, but I'd imagine it's been done to death.

Ya - to death.

I think the best ones are of current events and/or topical. 

Example...
You can be Hillary and have a suitcase full of money getting handed to Bill by some foreign diplomat, except Bill is too busy waving a cigar around to some adoring co-ed in a blue dress...

This space for rent.

109 (edited by gfrick 2015-05-20 06:27 PM)

I figured instead of starting a thread...

What about an escape from new york theme? With the chandaliers?

We love the idea but are concerned it will be deemed unsafe.

What do you think?