Topic: The best view of Arse-Freeze EVER!!!

Thats right! I had the best view of the race from the drivers seat of the S600.

And a great race it was! We knew the Benz was slow from a little street testing but CHRIST that thing was slow and my shoulders are still sore from the belts pulling me down as that monster healed over through the turns like the Queen Mary.

To the E30 guys it was quite a show in the rear view mirror watching you come up on us and position for passing like a group of racing dogs chasing the rabbit. There were a few of you that barley escaped getting hit after you pulled a super late dive bomb into the turn but no contact was made and the show was awesome.

Honda guys! You guys are nuts trying to drive into a door of a 5000lb car but neither side was worse for ware and the race did not let up for one second because of it so congrats and good race.

Faster Farms!!! What can i say... They got it back together and the birds were flying.

To the guys who were commenting they were going to purposely hit the car just to F it up. Well that didn't get you anywhere now did it

To the others wanting it crushed! Sorry that didn't work out ether.

FUN FUN FUN this ass freeze was worth every cent spent to get there.

Cant wait for phoenix because the Jag will be back.

Pen-de-ho

Re: The best view of Arse-Freeze EVER!!!

I thought this was going to be the helicopter footage.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

I was expecting good T&A photos. Quite disappointing.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Man I did want to put a donut on that thing!

Instead I just jumped on a Lexus for you!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs003.snc3/11035_213712265119_725095119_4589249_4445302_n.jpg

Pure, uncut, Paraguaian bliss

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Nice!!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

Perfect hand position, too.

KT

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/11/da_judges.jpg

This is what we looked like after three solid days of listening to whining racers.

Whining- bad

Tilting coldies-good

KT

10 (edited by monkei 2009-11-24 12:14 AM)

"Faster Farms!!! What can i say... They got it back together and the birds were flying."

Stupid trans fluid leakage.... Our old torque convertor had the wrong pilot diametet to match the motor (worked for about a year?) and consequently cracked and started seeping. Of course, this wasn't discovered until after one of the mopar genuises at Size Matters told me about a potential mismatch between earlier trannies and later motors. The fluid all ran down the bellhousing and onto the exhaust, hence the smokiness on saturday. We dropped the trans to pull the pump plate and reseal it with RTV, only to find the next day that it was both leaking and no longer shifting/sounding quite right. Then came the decision to swap the trans, where the pilot diameter mismatch, overheated/cracked convertor was discovered.

We ran for the last part of sunday with a new and questionable trans that somebody had marked 'good' and were forced to run a frickin' stall convertor which made it really slow to accelerate anywhere other than WFO, which made for some crazy day 2 drivin'. I had so much fun, I hope some day we'll run the whole event. Thanks to the organizers, all the teams, the BS judges, tech inspectors, flaggers, and THill staff!!

I'm a 3 times lemon loser now!!!

8 time Lemons loser!
Go team Faster Farms! [ http://fasterfarms.blogspot.com ]

Join the ever expanding club!

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 5302_n.jpg

Pure, uncut, Paraguaian bliss

We honestly did vacuum out as much of the "Paraguaian Bliss" residue as possible. Glad you still enjoyed it though.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

I beg to differ... clearly the very best view of the entire race was actually from the driver's seat of the Mystery Machine. We were possibly the ONLY car slower than you guys, plus the van is WAY taller, so you can see more. We all got a great view of the whole race going past... again and again and again.

MysteryAstrid wrote:

I beg to differ... clearly the very best view of the entire race was actually from the driver's seat of the Mystery Machine. We were possibly the ONLY car slower than you guys, plus the van is WAY taller, so you can see more. We all got a great view of the whole race going past... again and again and again.

Did the Mystery Machine have a phone?

Didn't think so.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Did the Mystery Machine have a phone?

Didn't think so.

Hmm, good point!

We've still got the spraypainted cock-n-balls insignia from the original owners in the interior, though. :-)

16 (edited by magnusracing 2009-11-24 11:39 AM)

MysteryAstrid wrote:

Yes, it was nice to be faster than SOMEONE although you almost pulled us in the straights.

I love that van... everytime I see it I forget that it actually races and figure it's just some funny support vehicle. Then I get a good laugh when I see it lapping the track.

So... we may not have had the best view but we certainly had the most comfortable view!

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

17 (edited by widgetsltd 2009-11-24 11:57 AM)

One of the Mystery Machine drivers had that thing hauling ass.  We were watching down by turn 1, and the body roll had us concerned about a rollover in turn 2 or 3.  Never happened, though.  Nicely done!

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible