Topic: Huge Thanks To All Especially the Other Z Guys

Great thanks to all who helped Team 1320 Turners (drag racers trying to make turns) at Thunderhill. We actually finished this time and won the Z Cup which was awesome for us cause for us that was like winning the whole damn thing. But a huge thanks to the other Z Team who made the Z Cup I know one of the guys nickname was Muddy they had a 2 Z Car team and they helped us out immensely gave us parts (TPS Sensor and a Clutch fan) to make sure we could finish out the race and they created that great trophy. Huge thanks to Jay, Nick and all the judges for not making us go home after so many penalties, and for putting us through the "All Hail The Helmsman" penalty was actually kind of fun. We are looking forward to the next event we race and our completely different theme. Again thanks to all and see you guys next time.

- Joe
Overweight Team Captain

2 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-11-24 02:47 PM)

Re: Huge Thanks To All Especially the Other Z Guys

And you cracked the top 100 with your 99th-place finish!

That's right, Nissan Z fans, the top Z of the 2009 Arse Freeze-A-Palooza was beaten by a Plymouth Voyager minivan (66th place), a VW Beetle (65th place), a Ford Festiva (51st place), a Dodge Shadow (45th place), and a Cadillac Eldorado (62nd place). Take that as a challenge and be the first Z team to make us regret our Zero BS Penalty Laps For Zs™ policy!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Take that as a challenge and be the first Z team to make us regret our Zero BS Penalty Laps For Zs™ policy!

We are working on it. 

MSR is the third race for 2010 so someone may beat us to it.

So does anyone care to elaborate on the Z Cup?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

The Z Cup was two Z teams. They made a bet, one would beat the other. Well, one team made 9 laps and the other made 14, so they were too embarrassed to even see their own bet through.

So, they gave the trophy (half a Z engine block, maybe?) to the highest finishing Z.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

The Z Cup was two Z teams. They made a bet, one would beat the other. Well, one team made 9 laps and the other made 14, so they were too embarrassed to even see their own bet through.

So, they gave the trophy (half a Z engine block, maybe?) to the highest finishing Z.

9 and 14 laps? If only they'd done that well! 5 and 12 laps.

And stop the presses- looks like the Z cup went to the 1320 Turners by mistake! The Frak This 280Z came in 97th place, with one more lap completed than the 1320s. Sorry, guys... but keep the trophy anyway!

My view of one of the Z's in T1 after the green Saturday morning.
First lap antics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfPScmlEmBI

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Oh we thought it was a 300ZX trophy but oh well we are going to keep it passing on at future races for sure we aren't going to keep it forever. We have enough pictures of it already. Hey we were damn proud of our 99th place finish with our 165 laps completed way better than our 34 from Fernley. sad

We still had a blast and we'll make you regret the Z = 0 at the next race like I said we hickuped on our own this time. Be ready for a Z car finishing high yeah we aren't going to win but we'll finish in the top 50 big_smile If not you guys can make me personally do the most embarassing penalty you have for a team by myself. big_smile

As an owner of multiple Z cars, I really wish I had a Lemons Z so I could have been in contention for that award.

Any chance i can get an award for having the only Isuzu I-Mark smile j/k

No but build a Z like I said we are going to bring it to the next event we are accepted into and pass it along with some broken part from our hooptie.