Topic: How accurate are Best Times?

Just curious if anybody knows the accuracy of the Best Times? I had some fast laps but a 2.04? yikes

Must have been from cutting across 12...

Re: How accurate are Best Times?

Ours were perfectly correlated (within 0.1) with our datalogger and the Hot Lap setup.

Team Formula BMW
Finishing order: 44th, 44th, 19th, 10th, 5th, 10th, 5th
We will win some day smile

A 2.04 would put you into legend status. Our GPS data matched our best lap of 2.18. There were apparently a number of transponder issues at Thunderhill.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

We were definitely having transponder issues, I guess we will never know what our fastest lap truly was. Although I’m ok with being false legends to anybody that looks at the final results.

Don't take the best lap times from Thunderhill too seriously. I'm pretty sure the Magnum P.O.S. Hondarrari didn't really turn a 1:40.

the transponder said you ran a 2:04?  The team with the 2:12 also was quite a bit optimistic....since the track record for a full race Rx7 like that is high 2:10's   

The "save the whales" put down a 2:15..which I think is possible in that car with a clean lap.....

laptimes on street tires with that much traffic are nearly irrelevant....any car out there that gets a good clean run could put down a 2:25 pretty easy... 

Our best of the weekend was a decent 2:19.7.....but still more than 5 seconds off our best time

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

If the transponder worked correctly the times are 100% accurate.  Our hand held times matched the transponder times.  As far as we could tell our transponder worked flawlessly

If there's a hot pit, sometimes you can get a false lap through the paddock.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

yeah i think i saw a 1.07 seoond lap on the second saturday posting, damn!