Topic: Congratulations to Pandamonium

A fantastic win. These guys not only drove (almost) flawlessly, they came over to ask us what was wrong with our e30 and gave us a water pump and head gasket to get us back on track. They even came over again to see if there was anything else they could do.

True spirit of Lemons stuff.

Our thermostat disintegrated and was ingested by the water pump. Which stopped, overheated us and blew the head gasket about 3pm on saturday.

1am and some significant wrenching had us going again, but about 3:30pm on Sunday we were back out with probably another head gasket blown. We had a great time and managed to run for most of 2 days.

Chotus! Chotus! Chotus! Chotus!

Re: Congratulations to Pandamonium

Everytime I walked by and saw your pit board... I laughed.

Uberbird!

+1 Congrats to the Pandas

Team Formula BMW
Finishing order: 44th, 44th, 19th, 10th, 5th, 10th, 5th
We will win some day smile

Congrats to the Panda guys. They are some good guys we pitted next to them at Goin For Broken they are good people and always willing to help as are most Lemon goers.

Thanks guys, we had a blast.

We've had our own trials and tribulations with the E30 at the track, and have an ever growing box of oddball parts that travel with the car. That disintegrated thermostat was a new one though, super weird.

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

Congratulations! a well deserved win. The only contact was with our car and we LOVED it! Our driver insists it was a no fault accident and the insurance company agreed.

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD8DG8QV0Bo

pretty funny - our driver is going for the pass and the other driver closes the door on him. I am sure the panda car thought he had the pass.

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento

Great car and great drivers. Courteous, too.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

2wheels: I've gotta review our footage and see if we have that from inside of our car. We ended up with 3 "black flags" called in for that one (?!). I had to scramble in the pits to get a judge to vouch for our get out of jail free card (for giving away #43 to the superbird). We threw another driver in the car for the last few minutes of the race. When it was all said and done, that incident cost us the 7 lap lead we had worked to accumulate all day on Saturday.

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

Big big respect to Pandamonium. Winning a Lemons race nowadays requires running a near-perfect race, and that's exactly what they did -- Pandas ran a near-perfect race.

Try as we might, we simply couldn't fully close the gap they pulled on the field during day one. We worked our little mouse motor nearly to death trying to chase them down, though, and it was a freakin' blast.

Congratulations to the Pandas on a WELL deserved victory! See you at Firebird in AZ??

-Jay
Eyesore Racing

Echoing Jay's compliments, the Pandas drove their asses off out there!  They ran cleanly and consistently all weekend on their way to a much-deserved win. 

It was great fun trying to close in on you guys during those last hours on Sunday, but you always kept it just out of reach.  Look forward to seeing you out on the track for a rematch soon!

All hail Ling-Ling, lord of Thunderhill!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

I'll add my props to those guys, too.  Staying clean and fast was not easy out there.  And contrary to what many say, you can't just "do laps and stay out of trouble and win".  You also have to be hauling ass, and they did!

Nice work, Brothers!

Eyesore Jay wrote:

Big big respect to Pandamonium. Winning a Lemons race nowadays requires running a near-perfect race, and that's exactly what they did -- Pandas ran a near-perfect race.

Try as we might, we simply couldn't fully close the gap they pulled on the field during day one. We worked our little mouse motor nearly to death trying to chase them down, though, and it was a freakin' blast.

Congratulations to the Pandas on a WELL deserved victory! See you at Firebird in AZ??

-Jay
Eyesore Racing

So Eyesore Jay, I'm pretty sure I saw a splash and dash refueling  way outside you pit space (at the opposite end of the pits) at the same time as your team was being paged for a black flag....

Care to comment?

Steve W wrote:
Eyesore Jay wrote:

-Jay
Eyesore Racing

So Eyesore Jay, I'm pretty sure I saw a splash and dash refueling  way outside you pit space (at the opposite end of the pits) at the same time as your team was being paged for a black flag....

Care to comment?

Oh look -- those that drive to the $500 car race in M5s are throwing the first stone

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

smile that's right!

Only because we can't persuade Jeff to let us glue a mohawk to the top of the M5 and run that.

Steve W wrote:
Eyesore Jay wrote:

-Jay
Eyesore Racing

Care to comment?

Sure -- the short answer is we messed up. At the time, our recollection of the fueling rules led us to we believe we were a-okay to splash up in another paddock space (we asked their permission of course). It turns out you can't and we felt like jerks when we realized this after the race.  FWIW it was an honest mistake but we were definitely 100% in the wrong on this and it's not a mistake we will repeat.

The black flag paging was unrelated.

Sorry to go OT...

My fault, I dragged it off topic.

Thanks for explaining. When you see something like that,  it's easy to assume there's some cheatery going on, especially when the overall win is up for grabs. And there was always the possibility that you'd got permission beforehand...

I was just curious about what I'd seen.

laz wrote:

2wheels: I've gotta review our footage and see if we have that from inside of our car. We ended up with 3 "black flags" called in for that one (?!). I had to scramble in the pits to get a judge to vouch for our get out of jail free card (for giving away #43 to the superbird). We threw another driver in the car for the last few minutes of the race. When it was all said and done, that incident cost us the 7 lap lead we had worked to accumulate all day on Saturday.

Laz, would love to see the footage! our angle sucked...We redid out camera mount ( with an old head stud) for day 2 as the view was ruined by our forehead red tape.

Gembesties Racing
FB.me/gembesties
Denver/Sacremento