Topic: Thanks from #55

Since I don't see a better place to do this, I figure I'd do it here.  Consider this the all-encompassing thanks/sorry statement from the Cannonball Bandits #55.

I'd like to give a big thanks to the Lemons organization for everything this weekend.  Although I bet it's starting to become commonplace to do this so much, for a rookie team like ours, the level of effort to make this as serious, yet as lighthearted as possible made for a very enjoyable experience not only to myself and my 5 drivers, but also to my 10 pit crew members and the 15-20 others that were able to come to Thunderhill and join in the experience.  It's something we'll never forget.

Also - A shout out to the Lipstick on a Pig team, John especially.  He facilitated the equipment for the live timing to be sent to us from Mulry in TX.  My guys provided a little hardware and a little tech wizardry, and we were able to check out stats all weekend long.  Then he had only our name announced on the PA on Saturday as the team responsible.  Totally unnecessary, but a totally classy move.  Those guys were a lot of fun, and great to talk to all weekend long.

Next - To the MR2 teams lined up next to us in the paddock, thanks for all your advice on our pile.  And to Free Range Racing especially, for letting us borrow their spare ECU so that we could actually run this damn thing!  (btw - our ECU is shot...  We could barely pull the car back in the trailer after we swapped back) 

Next - To the guys with the taxicab Honda that let us borrow their welder to get through tech, being able to fix that gap in our cage took a lot of stress off of yours truly, much appreciated.  Hope you get that head gasket fixed for the next round!  I'll make sure to bring the 12 point socket set again.

To all the guys in the yellow shirts - Glad you liked the beer. ;-)

To all the other racers who had to deal with our crappy-ass sliding all around the place.  Sorry? 

To the Neon team -  Glad to leave a little souvenir on your rear passenger bumper after you passed our #3 driver!  Was that a love tap you guys gave us?

To the Rabbit team - Thanks for your continual wise words from Reno-Fernly all the way through this weekend.  The advice and kind words were very well received.  Love the mohawk too!

I think that covers the major bases.  Our team, raising money per-lap for a local non-profit, was able to drum up $1601 by turning 227 laps.  We're very happy to have run in such a great event, and really hope to have what it takes to get to Sears Pointless this March.

Thanks again to all involved, and can't wait to sit around some propane heaters chewing on good BBQ and drinkin' good beer once again....  And uh, yeah, racing too.

Craig

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Re: Thanks from #55

One more:

I guess we need to apologize to the Judging panel for our (to be unnamed) contribution to the record black flag total from this weekend.  Thanks for leniency, and we appreciate the 4AGE sucks! written all over our hood.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

Re: Thanks from #55

Craig-
I'm so happy you were able to put a team together, and good work raising some usable $$$ for your charity.
We're in the Bay Area too, so drop us a line if you need anything.

See you @ Sears!

Shawn (fat guy w/mohawk)

TST, fool.

It's a Bunny.  With a pancake.  On its head.  Really, is it that tough?