Topic: Do spare parts count in the $500 budget?

Just curious -- if we have a spare <whatever> sitting on the trailer, does that cost count in the budget?  What if the part is or isn't used during the weekend?

Thanks

Re: Do spare parts count in the $500 budget?

I think this has been covered about as many times as the kill switch...

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

It's my understanding that spares don't count towards the $500, because they are not on the car.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

David Hawkins wrote:

Well, pardon the question.  It's not in the rules, so how would I know?

Hmmm -- technically could have a "spare" drivetrain sitting there, a lot stronger than the one in the car.  Of course, that could get it claimed or crushed.

If you have said complete top-tier drivetrain on the trailer, and swap it into the car between judging and the start of the race... there's a good chance you'll get cursed.

If you have said drivetrain on the trailer and only make use of parts of it (or all of it) after the start of the race after your car breaks, NOBODY is going to care.  The time it takes you to do any sort of engine/transmission swap is going to kill your chances of winning, anyway.

To answer the question:  Only the parts that are on the car as judged (and presumably as it starts the race) count toward the budget.

Bring a parts car.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Scud.Ig wrote:

Just curious -- if we have a spare <whatever> sitting on the trailer, does that cost count in the budget?  What if the part is or isn't used during the weekend?

Thanks

If your spare parts are brand new Oh lets say adjustable coil-overs or competition springs. You might not want to use them, if you get caught the judges might just confiscate them. Case and point when a team brought extra tires that happened to be less than legal tread wear. If I remember correctly they were asked to put their car on the trailer, cause of their cheating. The judges do know whats going on at the track and they have great memories for what you brought through tech. So yes you can bring everything from spare parts to motors to even complete spare cars but keep it fair and keep the cheating to a minimum and most of all have fun.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

David Hawkins wrote:

YOUR "flaming" in the "Flame Free" section of the forum!