Topic: Going to build a new car

The 323 is so slow time goes backwards.

I have the chance to buy a better car for $500 bucks that alreay has suspension and exhaust done. Has bad piston rigns. I work at a dealer and can rebuild the engine for less in parts then I can sell its recaro seats for.

So how do I make sure there isn't going to be an issue with the bs inspection? Its old, has a ton of miles, and blows more smoke then a crackwhore.

Deathmobile

Re: Going to build a new car

Bring as much good documentation as you can.  Show pictures of the worn engine and you fixing it along with all the receipts for everything.  That is what we did with our 94 Miata and they just gave us a little crap because it was a Miata.  In the end we got 1 penalty lap because a Miata is cheating by nature, but our documentation with REAL receipts was well taken.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

I'd video tape picking up the car at the owners, the negotiation for price/transaction, video tape fixing it, everything. post to youtube and send links to the judges/post on here. you'll probably still get docked laps but if you're thorough and by the book enough, it should help reduce that amount. I also highly highly highly recommend NOT trying to debate anything with the judges, just take your lumps with a smile and move on. Finally? put together an AWESOME AWESOME theme. costumes, giant anti-aerodynamic figurines, the works.

Are you talking about another 323, or something else? If it's a 323 and it isn't an ex-race car, you should be in good shape at the BS inspection.

my guess is that when he said "better car" following a complaint about a 323, he means to say that "anything that's not a 323 will be an improvement"

then again, there's always a lada or something french, so there could be qualifiers to that statement. I just defaulted to increased cheat suspicion whenever someone mentions a "better car" and something about suspension mods coming with the car.

323 GTX?

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

A GTX would be fine. Try not to break it in the first hour!

You just never know about the BS laps. I picked-up a car that had some suspension mods, the car didn't run and had major front end damage. We were hit with 20 BS laps cuz we HAD to be cheating cuz the mods I bought the car with must have been done by us after we bought it. They are what they are, be preprared to be hit with BS laps.

Dude, change the record.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

ifb_mole wrote:

You just never know about the BS laps. I picked-up a car that had some suspension mods, the car didn't run and had major front end damage. We were hit with 20 BS laps cuz we HAD to be cheating cuz the mods I bought the car with must have been done by us after we bought it. They are what they are, be preprared to be hit with BS laps.

Sometimes we like to dish out BS laps just to watch the look of dismay on a team's faces. It's fun!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Sometimes we like to dish out BS laps just to watch the look of dismay on a team's faces. It's fun!

It's true!

They love it and what can we do?!?

Drive harder...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

NYPD 323 wrote:

The 323 is so slow time goes backwards.

I have the chance to buy a better car for $500 bucks that alreay has suspension and exhaust done. Has bad piston rigns. I work at a dealer and can rebuild the engine for less in parts then I can sell its recaro seats for.

So how do I make sure there isn't going to be an issue with the bs inspection? Its old, has a ton of miles, and blows more smoke then a crackwhore.

thats easy

BRIBES....and nice ones......

having a legit crapcan helps too.....just have the receipts to back it up......  that doesn't mean show up with a maxima 5 speed with Tien adjustable suspension and try to pass it off as a $500 car when the shocks cost more than that....

you could always ghettocharge the 323.....boost always makes more speed and spectacular engine destruction

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

A2 Jetta 16v. I'm almost tempted to clean it up and keep it a street car lol.

Deathmobile

Why not put the Jetta engine/transaxle in the back of the 323, for twin-engine fun? What could possibly go wrong?