1 (edited by rharris19 2009-11-29 08:47 PM)

Topic: Not my first Lemons race, but first time on the forum.

I thought I could introduce myself and out team.  My name Is Robert and I am out of Houston, TX.  I work as a wood/fiberglass shop, so I may incorporate some fiberglass in the next theme.  I am 25 years old and graduated from Texas A&M University in '06.

My Team/Car:
We raced in the February MSR-Houston race and will be doing it again next year, along with 3 other races hopefully.  Lemons was such a great experience that we didn't want to end it with just one race, so this year we are doing four.  Our current car is a 1994 Miata we bought for $250 that had the main fuse box under the hood catch fire and destroy the entire wire harness.  We found a complete harness off of ebay for $135 shipped. It was also an auto that we found out was rediculously easy to convert to an manual.  The clutch pedal already has a spot to bolt right into with the auto car and the ECU can stay the same!  We sold so much off of it that we recouped ALL costs with the car.  A panel on the rear was worth $135 alone.  Knowing that if we spent any of the $500 to make it handle better, we would get flamed by both judges and drivers, we decided to just leave it at that.  Driving it on blown shocks was a blast as it makes you really learn to drive smooth and not shift the cars inertia around too violently.  We are currently looking to add an LS400 or Corolla to our stable.

The team is comprised of four guys that have really grown up together and are more like brothers than friends.  Three of us went to Texas A&M and the forth went to Pepperdine.  All of us have had a love for racing and have done several HPDE/countless auto crosses each.  By no means do we think we are gods gift to racing because we have been to the track before.  We just love racing and not taking it serious.  This was the best combination of both.  We didn't have to worry about a thing with the car, but to have fun with it. 

Our rolling joke when redoing the wiring/building was "It only has to last one race!"

Robert

Namco Racing #48 Miata

Re: Not my first Lemons race, but first time on the forum.

Would love to run against ya if you ever make it to the South.  Welcome to the forums.  We don't consider TX the south.  More of its own country.  Our team is hoping to get into the Southern Discomfort this Feb.  Never raced before but think we can do OK.  Or not.

Burning Rubber and Grinding Gears

Re: Not my first Lemons race, but first time on the forum.

Thanks.  Having fun and not taking yourself too serious is what this is all about.  You guys will love doing these races.  Hope to see you around some time.

Namco Racing #48 Miata