Topic: Sunset for CMP Feb. race is 5:55pm

Does this mean that we will need lights? Or will the race be cut an hour?  Just thinking the last hour will be very dark.

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic
2 time  Least Horrible Yank Tank Award

Re: Sunset for CMP Feb. race is 5:55pm

hmmmnn, i wonder.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

I'm keeping my lamps from Nelson Ledges on the car, I figure those last 3 hours can be crucial.

the nice thing is that the hood units have guards on them, and driving with them mounted feels like you're racing a floppy, old, sprite or similar bug-eye.

4 (edited by Jer 2009-11-30 06:00 AM)

Maybe they'll quit at 5 and start a little earlier Sunday.  They also could start the race at 9 on Saturday.  After all, we are all teched before then.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Maybe they'll quit at 5 and start a little earlier Sunday.  They also could start the race at 9 on Saturday.  After all, we are all teched before then.

I agree we could start earlier which is what I would *think* we would do.  It would be silly to make all the cars w/o provisions for lights add them for just one hour.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I get up at 5am every day so it wouldn't bother me to start early.  If we have to put lights on I have a couple of old calcium carbide lanterns that might work.  Put a couple of mirrors behind them and weld to the hood.

Burning Rubber and Grinding Gears

I think a night race would be the Sh@t. Bolt on some KC's and run with it!
BTW Jasbur1 love the theme. Hope to see ya in Feb.

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic

night racing is awesome.  screw shortening the race on saturday...extend it a few hours!

If they are going to require lights, they probably should post that NOW to give teams time to prepare.  It also will mean a nighttime testing session and light checking by tech.  I don't know why they would put themselves through that when they could just move the race up two hours and be done with it.

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

They don't scoot the 12h of sebring up 2 hours because of the dangerous track with no lighting, high speeds, and SUNSET or all things. I have no reason to believe we'll change the start time because you goofs have to go inside to your mamas over a little darkness. Bring it on!

Serj wrote:

They don't scoot the 12h of sebring up 2 hours because of the dangerous track with no lighting, high speeds, and SUNSET or all things. I have no reason to believe we'll change the start time because you goofs have to go inside to your mamas over a little darkness. Bring it on!

Yea what he said!

Mello Kab
1996 Crown Vic

Serj wrote:

quite possibly the most moronic thing i have ever read.  the collective intelligence of the world has been lowered by at least 10 IQ points because of this post.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:
Serj wrote:

quite possibly the most moronic thing i have ever read.  the collective intelligence of the world has been lowered by at least 10 IQ points because of this post.  smile

You obviously think you are on a different forum.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:
soldmystang wrote:
Serj wrote:

You obviously think you are on a different forum.

maybe i'm disoriented, but i know enough to not drive in the dark without lights.  leave that to hoodrats and yankees. smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

15 (edited by RobL 2009-11-30 07:02 PM)

soldmystang wrote:

maybe i'm disoriented,

I think you are...  Many of us have lights for our cars - leftover from the 24 hour race.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

RobL wrote:
soldmystang wrote:

maybe i'm disoriented,

I think you are...  Many of us have lights for our cars - leftover from the 24 hour race.

my mistake.  i keep forgetting that forum participation is 10% of the total number of cars entered for any race.  and no that is not a scientifically derived number either.

i just don't remember seeing too many cars at CMP that were carrying lights.  point is the OP brought up a valid point.  most of us registering for the February race at CMP i would guess have not considered installing lights for the event.

and as for running to our Mamas just because it is dark; well just remember this, rather we will be running to our garages.  you can have Nelson Ledges in the rain, paddocked on the wet ground in 40 degree weather.  i'm way too delicate for such an endeavor. smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Lights at CMP? I can bet you that less than half the cars have lights on them that have run there in the past.  This is something that will need to be addressed pretty soon if they are going to require running at night or not.

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

cpmskinny wrote:

Lights at CMP? I can bet you that less than half the cars have lights on them that have run there in the past.  This is something that will need to be addressed pretty soon if they are going to require running at night or not.

Agreed and that's my point.  We have lights on the Audi, so we're set either way.  But it can be a pretty big endeaver for a team without them, and will require more procedurally for the supporting cast.  Seems foolish when really a one hour moveup of the start time cures all.

soldmystang wrote:

you can have Nelson Ledges in the rain, paddocked on the wet ground in 40 degree weather.

i'll take it!  been there, done that, and would do it again.  where do i sign up?  smile

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

The rain, mud and cold only made Nelso Ledges that much more LeMony.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

it rained at nelson ledges?  didn't notice, i was having too much fun

I'm pretty sure I saw Noah snooping around Shantytown looking for building supplies.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Looking for a ruler - WTF is a cubit?

soldmystang wrote:

my mistake.  i keep forgetting that forum participation is 10% of the total number of cars entered for any race.  and no that is not a scientifically derived number either.

For the CMP fall race, it was more like 30-40% (scientifically derived) smile

RobL wrote:

Looking for a ruler - WTF is a cubit?

LMAO